http://www.sharetrails.org
Acetone?

Author Topic: Acetone?  (Read 10343 times)

itjustmeD

Acetone?
« on: March 21, 2010, 02:06:46 PM »
Has any body had any experience with adding a little acetone in with the gas to increase your mileage?

Offline rejeep

Re: Acetone?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 02:24:39 PM »
snake oil unless in lab conditions..
aside from the fact it will eat your rubber lines, auto paint if spilled, and possibly harm gaskets..

risk/reward not worth it IMO...

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 07:38:04 AM »
I\'ve got some magnets you can stick on your fuel lines too.  I\'d let them go for say, $50.  sound like a deal?
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

Offline etk300ex

• Club Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 08:40:04 AM »
dont forget the tornado!
06 Frontier 4x4
03 Ram CCLB 4x4
84 Viking truck camper
92 Toyota Truggy gone
Mountain bikes, it's cheaper and smaller

itjustmeD

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 11:15:37 AM »
Ooo Dam.
How can there be so much good stuff about it on the net then? I know there are people that BS - but to have so many different people build hole web sights praising the stuff?? Can it really be that bad?

I know it eats paint, but doesn\'t gas do the same?

?Tornado?

Offline CoraC143

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 11:46:57 AM »
its a fuel saving device, and most likely a scam.

Offline rejeep

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 12:19:39 PM »
you can find good stuff on ANYTHING on the net..

itjustmeD

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 01:11:36 PM »
Very true you can find good, bad, or what ever about most any subject on the net.
Though I gotta say I would love to get a beater that I could try this out on for myself. If what all they say about using this stuff were true. Can you imagine getting a mid size cars gas mileage while driving a burban? Or like my driving a \'95 Town car & getting 25-30 miles to the gallon?

I\'d say - Road trip!!! lol

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 02:26:48 PM »
If it worked, reliably, without side effects, anywhere near that well, and that easily, EVERYONE would be doing it, and it would not be on the same level of legitimacy as Sasquatch and the Loch Ness Monster.
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 02:35:36 PM »
May not make $$$ and \'sense\'.  The cost to add enough acetone to the fuel to make it work might negate any fuel cost/mileage savings...

Offline rejeep

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 03:32:36 PM »
Can you imagine getting a mid size cars gas mileage while driving a burban? Or like my driving a \'95 Town car & getting 25-30 miles to the gallon?

no I cant because thats not what they are built for.

SOAP BOX time...

and take no offense please... but these MPG threads always have the same undertone..
Take what I have and make it something different..
We spends hundreds, thousands of dollars making off road rigs, by nature lifts, aggressive tires, low gearing, they will never get HIGH MPG numbers..  notice that I didnt say \"good\" MPG... because thats all relative..

My YJ with a built engine, 35\" muds, low gears, and aerodynamics of a brick gets >10mpg
My SRT w/425 horse and fat tires gets >12MPG
My wives Rover towing said jeep on a 18ft trailer gets 11MPG
I consider those numbers good.

A ton car cant do anything mentioned above.

Drive what you like, enjoy what you drive... and hopefully be able to afford it..
If there was a way to eek out more MPG Im sure the car/engine designers would have done it... Millions of dollars of R&D cant be wrong...   And I understand some people\'s rigs are their DD.. KUDOS.. we have all been there.. but know your limitations.  

If not there are some Toyotas out there people are getting rid of cheap. :)

Offline ollllllo

• Club Member
    • http://www.jokineninc.com
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 04:03:37 PM »
AMEN!
85CJ7 Streetable
85CJ7 Buggy style
06 F350 Powerstroke
www.JokinenInc.com

Offline ollllllo

• Club Member
    • http://www.jokineninc.com
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 04:12:02 PM »
Google...\"homemade HYDROGEN FUEL CELLS\"

They work I have seen it!
85CJ7 Streetable
85CJ7 Buggy style
06 F350 Powerstroke
www.JokinenInc.com

itjustmeD

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 10:19:28 PM »
O\' certainly I very seldom take offense to most any discussion. But, please allow me to hope on my soap box for a moment; while keeping in mind, I intend no offense to you either with anything that I say.  

I believe that we, as humans try to improve things no matter what it maybe. It\'s in our nature; improved things in most any way that we can conceive & have the will to put those ideas to action.

I also believe (& this is the conspiracy nut in me coming out). All the millions if not trillions in R&D into engine designs & better, stronger, more efficient, more reliable vehicles. There would have been factory mass produced electric & other alternative fuel vehicles out on the road years ago. In fact there were back about \'01-\'02 but big $$ killed them. \'Who killed the electric car\' great documentary! Scarily informative. The automotive industry has been in bed with the \'black gold barons\' for decades. Cars run on gas, we pay for the gas for our cars, the oil companies make trillions off of our dependency on our needing to fuel our cars. The auto industry -> the oil companies don\'t want us to use less gas they want us to use more & more & more. So respectfully, I completely disagree with your comment of \"car/engine designers would have done it\" Though I do agree with \"Millions of dollars of R&D cant be wrong\" Incomplete perhaps, but not wrong. Record breaking oil profits, sky rocketing oil prices, while we all loose our jobs & homes - that I believe is truly wrong.

I think that you would agree, most of our society is driven not by what is right & best, but it is more over driven by what will bring in more money.

Now when we make vehicles that are inefficient then yes that is what they are. When I had my suburban she was a beast of a DD that road on a set of 35\" BFG AT\'s if I\'m lucky she might have gotten me 8-10 MPG & honestly, even that might have been a stretch. & I drive her as often as I wanted with a big old smile on my face every time I sat behind that wheel. But is it really that far of a cry to think a 10MPG truck could eek out 12 or 13 MPG, perhaps even 15.

Wow, It is late (after 3am) & I\'m running off at the keyboard. So I\'ll get off my soap box now. Hope I didn\'t offend anybody.

itjustmeD

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 10:23:51 PM »
O thanks for the suggestion to Google...\"homemade HYDROGEN FUEL CELLS\"

I\'ll look into those tomorrow. Where was it that you have seen them work?

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=1767.0