http://www.sharetrails.org
Welder and other stuff

Author Topic: Welder and other stuff  (Read 18306 times)

JCJ

Re: Welder and other stuff
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2010, 07:45:40 PM »
Thank you Cora, your very generous..  I believe we\'ve got it covered for now..  He is using my skates, pants, chest, neck guard and gloves. We have borrowed a set of 35\" pads from last years goalie who graduated, he also gave CJ 2 mint sticks.  Tonight I bought him a pretty bitchen Eddy mask on clearance for $200 and a double goalie cup for $70 from Perani\'s.   The Henrietta Play it again had some decent stuff but still kinda pricy for used, Perani\'s actually had some deals..

I\'m off the hook on coaching, fine by me..  But as far as getting hooked again?  I never stopped, been playing since I was 4. I do tourneys in Montreal and Vancouver 3 or 4 times a year.  
Got grampa geared up to pay for a goalie camp or two for him this summer and will get him in some summer and spring leagues.  He\'s played hockey for years and has had a little experience in goal.  He is the heir apparent to start varsity next season, or so says the guys on the team, so he better get his :censor: together pretty quickly..

I apologize for having not returned your book yet, I would be more than happy to run it down to you whenever it\'s convenient for you guys..  Or harass the hell out of me so I actually show up at the next meeting..  ;-))

Offline CoraC143

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2010, 09:46:41 PM »
Well the next meeting is voting, and I\'m nominated for vice prez ;)

No worries on the book, I hope he is inspired. There is sooooooo much more in the world of architecture and structural engineering. Mechanical is all numbers and pretty boring.

I\'ve been playing ice hockey since I was 5, went to one of the best prep schools for hockey on the east coast, played NCAA division 3 for RIT for one year, that was enough. Being 3rd string goalie with the starter only one year ahead of me and waaaaay better, I called it. I loved playing forward, but I am a much better goalie. Oh well. I never chose between the two, kept playing both. Maybe that\'s why most of the girls I played with for years, most went D1, one even played in the Olympics.  ... anyways I love the sport, and can\'t wait to play it for FUN again :)

Offline CoraC143

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2010, 09:49:15 PM »
And you should totally come to the meeting to meet some more members!

JCJ

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2010, 11:19:08 PM »
I do plan on coming to the next meeting, and joining even, just like I planned on coming to the last four...  I just need a constant kick in the ass.   :hammer:  

Choate for me..  Came real close to playing for UNH..  shoulda woulda coulda..

Well, here he is..  dropped glove shoulder and all..

Offline CoraC143

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2010, 07:12:46 AM »
Sweet! Looking good!! Lawrence academy for me. Hated playing choate,  they were good! One of their girls played in the Olympics too.

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=2027.45