http://www.m4wdfabrications.com/
ROCK RUN Dec 13th

Author Topic: ROCK RUN Dec 13th  (Read 22909 times)

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
Re: ROCK RUN Dec 13th
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2009, 04:21:43 PM »
holy crap.  I don\'t dig freezing rain.  makes me want tire chains.
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

Offline ollllllo

• Club Member
    • http://www.jokineninc.com
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2009, 05:38:02 PM »
i uploaded some pics from the weekend. didnt get anything on the ride home. too busy trying not to die!
85CJ7 Streetable
85CJ7 Buggy style
06 F350 Powerstroke
www.JokinenInc.com

Offline smichaelR22

• Club Member
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2009, 05:52:57 PM »
looks like i missed a good trip.  how did the toyota hold up?
572 single seat race buggy
573 Brolite '97 Ranger, '96 backup ranger
1997 ZJ 35's
2014 Ram 4500 Cummins 6 speed 4x4
48' enclosed trailer

Offline etk300ex

• Club Member
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2009, 05:11:27 AM »
It was closer to 2hrs to get down the hill to the truck stop :banghead:  I think that was the most white knuckle drive of my life.

Toyota did awesome, very happy.  Sprung a leak in the tank, damn rust, time for fuel cell.  Needs an aussie up front too.  

Pics and vids
http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q169/etk300ex/rousch%20creek%2012-12-09/
06 Frontier 4x4
03 Ram CCLB 4x4
84 Viking truck camper
92 Toyota Truggy gone
Mountain bikes, it's cheaper and smaller

Offline smichaelR22

• Club Member
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2009, 05:35:41 AM »
ya, i think i would have turned left out of the park,  some of those hills to the truck stop are nasty.  howd the new tires on the titan perform?
572 single seat race buggy
573 Brolite '97 Ranger, '96 backup ranger
1997 ZJ 35's
2014 Ram 4500 Cummins 6 speed 4x4
48' enclosed trailer

Offline etk300ex

• Club Member
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2009, 05:57:44 AM »
We should have turned left but we were pretty much commited as soon as we turned right.

Titan tires did good, threw it in 4LO, 1st gear, rear locked and idled all the way down the hill at 2-3mph, slipped sideways on some of those banked turns in a couple spots but pretty much stayed planted.

Just remembered, there was a guy pulled over about 1/4 way down the hill and me and brian saw him get out and fell immediatly on is a**.
06 Frontier 4x4
03 Ram CCLB 4x4
84 Viking truck camper
92 Toyota Truggy gone
Mountain bikes, it's cheaper and smaller

Offline ollllllo

• Club Member
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2009, 06:00:19 AM »
we needed coffee, and I needed a bathroom.
85CJ7 Streetable
85CJ7 Buggy style
06 F350 Powerstroke
www.JokinenInc.com

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2009, 06:47:19 AM »
I think I\'d have turned back in the lower entrance, started a fire, and waited till the ice melted.
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

Offline CoraC143

« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2009, 07:07:36 AM »
as soon as we turned right, we slid 10\' down the hill and couldn\'t get back up. erik ad I were thinking about hanging out at the truck stop for a bit but 81 didn\'t look too bad, so we went for it.

amazing weekend, long drive home. it seems every trip has unique and memorable experiences.

MReinh3233

« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2009, 03:42:20 PM »
Looks like you all had fun.

Glad everyone got home safe.

Mike

Offline ollllllo

• Club Member
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2009, 04:52:21 PM »
maybe we should have gone here instead!
BeaveRun Motorsports Complex    Press Release

Winter roads are \"the icing on the cake\" (for crashes)
BeaveRun Offers Help

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wampum, PA - 12/14/09

The recent ice storm that hit western Pennsylvania points to the importance of having good winter driving skills. The proper reaction to encountering a slippery surface or arresting a skid is not intuitive. Only by learning, and then using, proven techniques can we avoid becoming a driver who suffers a crash. While many blame crashes on icy conditions and the failure of the salt truck to be out early enough, most crashes occur because drivers fail to use those skills that enable them to properly address low traction surfaces.  However, western Pennsylvania drivers have an alternative. BeaveRun offers a free 20-minute Winter Driving Tips as a public service presentation that introduces drivers to time-proven means to \"weather the storm.\"

The dismal rate of crashes in the United States shows that we have our hands full with risky driving behavior. Research proves that distractions cause a high percentage of crashes. Despite this overwhelming evidence, we insist on operating non-essential gadgets and activities while driving, all of which divert our attention, impede proper maneuvering and increase the probability of a crash. Wintery driving conditions are \"the icing on the cake\", increasing our odds of a crash even further due to slippery roads, reduced visibility, loss of traction and the almost inevitable freezing of reflexes in an emergency.

We all know that we should complete a vehicle winter checkup which includes the electrical system, brakes, tires, exhaust system, heating/cooling system, wipers, windshield washer fluid deicer and fuel. We also know to carry a winter driving kit with emergency equipment including warm clothes, sunglasses, drinking water, deicing fluid, communication devices, reflective stands, a small shovel and traction materials such as kitty litter and a welcome mat. It is just as important to prepare yourself as well.  Before embarking on a winter drive, be sure you are alert and dressed warmly, plan your route and inform others of your destination and ETA, check all lights and remove ice and snow from the car.

Unfortunately, the most effective thing we can do to reduce the odds of having a crash may not be apparent, even to a seasoned driver. We must learn how to use our use our eyes, our hands (steering) and our feet (accelerator and brake) properly to avoid sliding in the first instance, and then to recover from unintended skids. Fortunately, BeaveRun Winter Driving Tips, a 20-minute public service presentation offered free of charge, describes both winter preparation and safe driving techniques: a must for all drivers.

If you really want to learn how to avoid skids, how to negotiate icy hills and how to recover from an unintended front or rear-wheel slide, as well as many other safe driving techniques, all under the guidance of a professional instructor, the BeaveRun Winter Driving Program is for you. Exciting hands-on training on a skid pad and a final test on the BeaveRun winter hazard course prepare you to control your vehicle under challenging conditions.

While we can choose not to be distracted by avoiding cell phone use, texting and checking email, and by not eating that bacon double-cheeseburger behind the wheel, we cannot avoid what Mother Nature throws our way. On the other hand, we can train and prepare for it.
Currently, Winter Driving Skills is scheduled at BeaveRun on December 28th, January 23rd and February 27th.

You may find out more information about BeaveRun programs or register by calling 724.535.1000, or by looking at our website: www.beaverun.com.

85CJ7 Streetable
85CJ7 Buggy style
06 F350 Powerstroke
www.JokinenInc.com

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=1513.0;prev_next=prev