http://www.sharetrails.org
Only sort of new

Author Topic: Only sort of new  (Read 5702 times)

ny1995zj

Only sort of new
« on: November 03, 2008, 08:57:19 PM »
Hey.. I\'m Mike...

Been watching the boards.. for I don\'t know.. probably a few years now.

Just moved from Buffalo 2 years ago now to Rochester.  Just bought our first house in March, and got married in June.  Now that things are starting to settle down, I\'d like to get back to some of the things I enjoy....

I\'d like to point out that I\'m not \"hardcore\" into wrenching or wheeling.  I do love Jeeps.. and do enjoy wrenching.  It all started with my 95 ZJ.. which I only had a 2\" BB on, but was a load of fun.  I now have an 04 LJ Unlimited, which is currently a daily driver.

Would love to get into the trail rides, and hang out when time allows.  I\'m sure I will see you all soon, and talk about membership!

Offline gCracker

Re: Only sort of new
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 08:59:07 PM »
welcome

Offline smichaelR22

• Club Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 09:48:31 PM »
not another mike-  just kidding- welcome.
572 single seat race buggy
573 Brolite '97 Ranger, '96 backup ranger
1997 ZJ 35's
2014 Ram 4500 Cummins 6 speed 4x4
48' enclosed trailer

Offline GTJake

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 07:42:56 AM »
HAHA. we attract mikes i guess.

welcome. do you have some pics of your jeep?

ny1995zj

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 09:24:48 AM »
Not the greatest pics.. but these are some I had already uploaded to the internet.

Offline GTJake

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 10:25:35 AM »
is there rock rails on it?
it looks good with the A/T\'s on it, i like the white letters.
I had a set of those on my 87 wrangler and they did well.

did you buy the LJ new? and have you done any upgrades?

ny1995zj

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 01:09:26 PM »
yeah the rock rails were pretty much the first thing I put on.  I always had problems with my rockers on the trail in my ZJ.  I have always been a music \'nut\' when it comes to vehicles, so I did install 4 new speakers.. stereo.. and built a custom sub box for the center console.  Certainly no loud booming for everyone to hear(thankfully).. but it helps fill the sound out all the way

Other than that... I haven\'t had the time or $ to do anything with it.. with the house and wedding.  I do have a nice garage at the new house so I can finally get some things done though.

Probably just put a 2\" BB on for now, as it will have to remain a daily driver for a couple years.

I just bought it last September... so i\'ve only had it for little over a year.. but certainly long enough to get my urges back to lift it like a foot and put 37\'s on .. haha....

here\'s another

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=771.0