http://www.m4wdfabrications.com/
Coy Hill Update

Author Topic: Coy Hill Update  (Read 5030 times)

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
Coy Hill Update
« on: June 07, 2008, 09:35:22 PM »

Zaedock wrote:

Greetings.  Here is an update regarding Coy Hill.  I have recently spoken to the Ware Conservation Commission chairman.  Despite having been told by both the EPO\'s and the town that there was no intention of closing the road, I regret to inform you, that they do in fact intend to close Prendville Rd.  

During my previous conversations with the town, I asked if Coy Hill was going to be on the May meeting agenda.  I was told that it wasn\'t and our presence was not required.  Not only was Coy discussed at the meeting, but several EPOs were in attendance recommending that the road be closed.  Unfortunately, this action goes against everything that we discussed with the Ware Conservation Commission during our previous meetings over many months.  Personally, I feel that the town came to this decision with the mindset that keeping everyone out is easier than expending effort to try and educate those who continue to abuse the area.  Ironically, now that the clubs have been staying away, the area is still being abused by locals with full size OHRVs and ATVs.

At this time, the moratorium on driving Prendville Rd has ended.  I want to mention that when we called the Ware Police Dept during the cleanup scouting to inform them that we were going up Prendville Rd, they informed us that the road was closed (until we told them we were from FOCH, to which they said we could drive through the area).  Clearly, we are not welcome, so I highly recommend that everyone avoid the area.  I certainly would not bring a group there.

I would like to thank everyone for their assistance with this effort.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  Despite the unfortunate closure, this event has helped bring together many groups, clubs, and associations.  We still have some work to do with helping the Anairs, and I am currently planning an activity with them.  Stay Tuned.

Thank you,
Joe
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

Offline gCracker

Re: Coy Hill Update
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 09:39:35 PM »

Mr.Mindless wrote:

Zaedock wrote:

Personally, I feel that the town came to this decision with the mindset that keeping everyone out is easier than expending effort to try and educate those who continue to abuse the area. Ironically, now that the clubs have been staying away, the area is still being abused by locals with full size OHRVs and ATVs.

that little section says it all..   :cry:

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=546.0