http://www.m4wdfabrications.com/
I finally made it to a meeting!

Author Topic: I finally made it to a meeting!  (Read 5236 times)

teamhoppyracing

I finally made it to a meeting!
« on: March 30, 2008, 09:53:19 PM »
Ihave been trying to get to a meeting for quite some time. one thing or another has kept me from making one. but its official now.
I have been wheeling ever since i got my drivers liscence. (and some before)
my first vehicle ever was a 1980 CJ7 i bought from jennings ford tractor on rt 31 in fairport. my dad and i picked it up one rainy night and we found out the \"new floor boards\" were really new floor mats to cover up the gaping rust holes.
I drove the wheels off that jeep, (and the motor) reluctanty sold it for something more reliable for school and work.
i had some mechanical skill and very little money then, so restoring a rustbucket of a CJ7 was not priority. (the girls loved it , must be the lack of doors and top made it hard to see the white smoke and rust.)

Three years ago i came across an 85CJ7 for $400 (busted transmission the guy said) i took a friend and a trailer put it in 4wheel drive and to his amazement drove it on the trailer and paid the man.

When i called a buddy to discuss painting the new tub i was about to order, he told me of another 85CJ7 with a steel tub in good condition and a ton of other parts.

That was the begining of the cycle. I have since purchased 3 more jeeps in various conditions.

I have given-up roadracing motorcycles (8yrs) for a much more relaxing, safe, and rewarding sport.

After doing a complete resto of my first CJ7 gorund up, i wheeled it for 2 summers. None of my close friends have jeeps or anything for that matter that they would take wheeling. So i dragged in the second chassis i had purchased and started again from the ground up. this time building it to competein WEROC.

After some local wheeling i took it to rausch creek and it performed perfectley. I entered it in the amatuer competition in november, and with my best friend/spotter, we did great.
We tied for 10th place out of 27 rigs, some of which were tube buggys. They bumped me up to the unlimited class because i performed a competition cut on the rear wheel wells.

Im looking forward to some wheeling and making some new friends.

Offline smichaelR22

• Club Member
Re: I finally made it to a meeting!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 10:20:15 PM »
looking good!

welcome!
572 single seat race buggy
573 Brolite '97 Ranger, '96 backup ranger
1997 ZJ 35's
2014 Ram 4500 Cummins 6 speed 4x4
48' enclosed trailer

Offline gCracker

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 10:23:32 PM »
nice pair of Jeeps, I can\'t believe I haven\'t seen that green one around.

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 11:16:11 AM »
was nice to meet you at the meeting.  welcome!
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=446.0