http://www.m4wdfabrications.com/
cherokee lift?

Author Topic: cherokee lift?  (Read 5996 times)

Offline GTJake

cherokee lift?
« on: March 25, 2008, 10:13:54 AM »
as i was cleaning out my garage i found my box with all the stock suspension parts from when the lift was put in my rubicon. so my question is can i use the stock front springs from my rubicon to lift the front of my cherokee?? would they be too soft?

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
Re: cherokee lift?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 12:51:46 PM »
if both have 4.0L I\'d bet the spring rates are damn close.  I have a set of Dakota leaves for the back of it if that wouldn\'t be too much extra height to match...
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

Offline GTJake

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 03:13:49 PM »
sounds like a project to me! i shouldnt have to change the break lines so i guess ill just need 4 new shocks? and a free weekend day to tear things down. both jeeps have 4.0\'s.  worst case i figure if it doesnt work ill make it stock again. its just my DD but i still want it to sit nice

joshs1ofakindxj

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 11:28:08 PM »
You probably won\'t need to replace the shocks.  Might as well wait and see if you net any lift before buying new shocks since they\'re so easy to switch out.

Don\'t bother with new brake lines till you get about 3\" of lift.  Then you use YJ brake lines.  Less lift than that, just drill a new hole and move down the bracket that mounts to the body and straighten the metal line coming down from the engine bay.

I don\'t know about Rubicon coils adding lift but ZJ V8 coils and F150 coils will.

A Dakota/S10 add a leaf will match it in the back.

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=424.0