http://www.hahnauto.com/retail_locations_nuway.asp
New Offroad Spot 30 Miles North of Syracuse

Author Topic: New Offroad Spot 30 Miles North of Syracuse  (Read 13006 times)

Re: New Offroad Spot 30 Miles North of Syracuse
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 01:58:04 PM »

\"So how do you keep out the riffraff? The guys driving their home built monster trucks, you charge $129 per day.\"

.....Here we go again......LOL

FairportX

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 12:16:10 AM »
John

I was thinking of the Land Rover club, the Hummer H3 crowd, the new Jeep 4 door wrangler group that don\'t want to get the new toy scratched. If you look at the pictures most of the climbs are made with a bulldozer.

You know the reason they don\'t want the rigs with the big tires are the ruts that are left behind. You could loose a stock vehicle in those.

Not worth my time or money.

Joel

FairportX

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 12:16:45 AM »
OOPS, sorry I repeated myself.

John

I was thinking of the Land Rover club, the Hummer H3 crowd, the new Jeep 4 door wrangler group that don\'t want to get the new toy scratched. If you look at the pictures most of the climbs are made with a bulldozer.

You know the reason they don\'t want the rigs with the big tires are the ruts that are left behind. You could loose a stock vehicle in those.

Not worth my time or money.

Joel

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 04:55:31 PM »
Joel.....U have always been one of my favz here at Mudnuts......Just playing......Thanks for serving.....

Really though....They might make out better charging bigger fees and later offering a yearly membership to repeat proven customers........

I say 2009 they go $500 a year and they hold 12 events....Average person makes 2 at $250 average.....Some people never show...Plus lowering the number of big trucks and people probably we keep the event open an extra few years......Also they are farming....Probably state and gov grants going into the place....Thiss place should be safe but will be inspected due to farming and wheeling mix...

Pretty nifty idea where maybe everyone can make out...And no matter what its still another local place to wheel regardless....Will I go....Yeah as a passenger...

F1

FairportX

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2008, 10:14:19 PM »
Cheapskate! J/K Ha Ha

Joe

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2008, 09:19:36 PM »
Sounds like they\'ve been to one too many Jeep Jamborees and want to make their own full time one. Expensive weekend of \"stockish\" jeep only wheeling, sounds just like a jeep jambo.

Vanillathunder

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 04:37:15 PM »
Though I understand the concerns, (price, vehicle limitations) this is an endevor that we need to consider supporting.  They are attempting to be environmentally conscience by involving SUNY ESF in their farm practice.  At the same time looking to expand an area for larger vehicle.  They will work out the supply/demand issues in time.  

The other possibility is they are making the $\'s high to limit use and lower environmental impact.  (Yes that concept might be elitist but it might be responsible).  

I\'d at least like us to contact them before everyone starts bashing the prospect.

FairportX

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 03:17:04 PM »
O.K., I have been chastised Vanillathunder do you want to be the guinea pig to go out for a run and report back to the club?

I\'ll kick in $5 for your trip. I\'m not being snide I\'m serious go check it out.

Joel

Vanillathunder

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 04:44:49 PM »
I\'ll take the $5 Joel, and I\'ll contact them and see what they are all about.  Worst case i know some spots another 1hr away I can go, camp for free and get a little dirty.  

I don\'t take offence to any post, it just seems to me that they might have a plan here that keeps us from looking like the land abusers were painted as.  

And sorry, I wasn\'t trying to chastise anyone, you are free to wear any kind of belt you want. ;)

John

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2008, 02:58:15 PM »
Vanilla ...

Joel needs more than a belt..U see him lately??... :lol:  :lol:  :weld:  :weld:  :weld:

John...

FairportX

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2008, 12:26:50 PM »
Look who is talking!

CrotalusFJ

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2008, 12:45:42 AM »
They\'re high.  They must have gotten into the meth that they undoubtedly must be cooking elsewhere on the place...  Geez!

There\'s no way (even if I had a Jeep and were allowed...) I would even come close to paying that much for no more than they have to offer.  It\'s too bad that the club couldn\'t find, pull together, and purchase suitable property for its own 4wd park locally.  I absolutely believe that it would be a hit.

I\'m about to go nuts.  Now that I have a capable rig, it\'s incredibly frustrating that there\'s no place close to go wheelin\'.  I live a bit south of Rochester in the Finger Lakes and see plenty of suitable terrain - just none that is accessible.  Ok, enough whining...

Offline GTJake

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2008, 08:21:44 AM »
as much as having our own land would be cool, it would get boring after a while. going over the same trails over and over again.... going new places is fun. Im working on a new place for us to go in Van Etten, NY. Im going out there april 13 (weather permitting) to see if it would work out. its 200 acres with miles of trails. i just have to see if most of them are wide enough for trucks......ill keep everyone posted.

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=408.15