http://www.hahnauto.com/retail_locations_nuway.asp
PBS Video Please Take The Time To Watch

Author Topic: PBS Video Please Take The Time To Watch  (Read 5350 times)

AussieLocker

PBS Video Please Take The Time To Watch
« on: January 29, 2008, 10:19:17 AM »
Here is a link to a video from a CA PBS affiliate.
Its 30 mins long and , to me, gets my ire up very quickly.
I know many of you will simply pass by and never watch this but I\'d highly suggest that you do.

In it you\'ll view Carol King (yes that Carol King) who owns 128 acres out there say that the small town of Stanly shouldn\'t be allowed to buy even 8 acres next to their boundaries from the US Gov\'t that is being proposed for Wilderness that would allow the building of several homes to help ease their growing population.. never mind the 60+ or 86 just outside of town.
You\'ll see a segment about the evils of OHV recreation and a small segment that shows the positive aspects of OHV recreation.
It just REALLY gets me freekin ticked off. Yeah, so its Idaho...  doesn\'t affect us, so no need to watch.

As mentioned before, this is what we are up against. In an earlier email, I spoke of the Center for Biological Diversity opening a branch in VT. Sierra Club and Nature Conservancy have solid roots here. We see them every month when we attend meetings like the CT Forestlands Council Committee on Recreation.

Please... we actually have positioned ourselves to win some battles within the next couple of years if we keep doing what we\'re doing.. but we need some help.. some back-up so to speak. We need some more people to volunteer to head out to meetings with us. We need a whole group to step up in MA and start the ball rolling. Mike Belben has picked up the ball but he still needs some team mates to throw the ball to.

So, take the time, save it and watch it later tonight or a few days from now.. but please watch the vid.

http://www.pbs.org/now/shows/301/video.html

Talk soon,

David Brill
Land Use Chair: East Coast 4WD Assoc.
V.Chair/Land Use Chr. Region D/Northeast of EC4WDA
President, Eastern 4 Wheelers
Tread Lightly! Master Trainer
Blue Ribbon Coalition
NAMRC
NOHVCC
SEMA/SAN
Brilliant Signs & Grafix