http://www.treadlightly.org/
Wheeling Columbus Day Weekend

Author Topic: Wheeling Columbus Day Weekend  (Read 5410 times)

djr8505

Wheeling Columbus Day Weekend
« on: September 03, 2013, 06:13:57 PM »
For anyone interested my brother and I are trying to put together another ride at our uncle's place the weekend of Columbus Day.  We will start Saturday with trail riding, for lunch/dinner possibly Hams & Hots (gotta look @ budget first) and most likely a bonfire Saturday night.  We have a small "campground" back in the woods if anyone is looking to stay the night and wheel Sunday.  Stock vehicles are always welcome but we have plenty of thick gooey mud for the bigger dogs.  The downside is the property is up in North Constantia (Bernhard's Bay) NY so it is more of a hike than Whispering Pines, but the event is free to anyone looking for some fun.  I would encourage anyone thinking of attending to bring snacks of your liking and extra drinks.  Anyone interested post here, PM or text me at 315-256-5782.  As we Iron out more details I'll put more info here.

DJ

Offline smichaelR22

• Club Member
Re: Wheeling Columbus Day Weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 07:38:19 AM »
Awesome!  thanks for the reach out and invite to FLX-  Its about a 102miles from me so completely in reach for a day trip.

is there any good dry parking for towrigs/trailers? 

any trail riding / hills , or mostly wet woods mud trails? about how many acers is available to wheel!

sounds fun!
572 single seat race buggy
573 Brolite '97 Ranger, '96 backup ranger
1997 ZJ 35's
2014 Ram 4500 Cummins 6 speed 4x4
48' enclosed trailer

djr8505

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 06:18:13 PM »
My uncle has between 270 and 300 acres out in North Constantia.  most of the trails are old logging "roads" but my brother and I have been busy trying to blaze newer trails.  We do have some swampier trails that will get you muddy but we also have tight twisty trails through trees and off camber sections of trail.  A stock vehicle (depending on model) should be able to make it through a majority of what we have;  You would need to have good skill or a good spotter for some of it.  There are some small hills for climbing but the notable one is near the back property line where the bottom of the hill is a thick mud pit I've dubbed the "Truck Eater"  Here are some vids we shot the last time we were out that way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BKg8kT7Oww&feature=c4-overview&list=UURHDjIALBX3QzTZfqmntsmQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goSZCjf0lYo&feature=c4-overview&list=UURHDjIALBX3QzTZfqmntsmQ

The driveway leading up to the trail head is fairly long so we will be able to fit some rigs and trailers in there.  If needed we can try to work out some extra space.  Most of the CnyJeepers drive their rigs out but since we are coming from Roc it is understandable to trailer out.

Mzone

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 09:07:38 AM »
The truck eater area is the best. I hope I don't have to work that weekend and can make it out.  8)

djr8505

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 04:30:31 PM »
I've been meaning to ask;  since you work for TSC now do you get a nice discount?

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=3324.0