http://www.4wd.com
I figured I should introduce myself.

Author Topic: I figured I should introduce myself.  (Read 5078 times)

Offline jaysenodell

« on: June 12, 2013, 09:33:51 AM »
As I'm sure you can all tell by now, we (there are four of us) are new to the idea of participating in 4x4 events. Since we will be asking a lot of questions I figured I should tell you a bit about the nutcases on this side of the keyboard.

Jaysen (me), Collen (wife), Ashley (daughter) and Joshua (son) are located in Palmyra NY. The Mrs and I bought a 2002 TJ as a "mid life crisis". We actually just wanted a convertible and a pickup truck so we could have fun and a utility vehicle. That's exactly how we thought we would use a Jeep. When we found our TJ it just happened to have a lift, some extra tires and lots of scars and wrinkles. We thought "what the heck, worst case we sell the extras". After about a month of driving with the top off in the rain and very cold weather we realized we really liked our Jeep. But what to do with that stack of tires in the garage?

Google to the rescue and we signed up for the '13 101. The son didn't make it, but the two ladies did. Once we hit the trail we pretty much started looking for new shorts as we have no idea what we had gotten into. But by the time we got to the for north end, we were all squealing like teenage girls at a Justin Bieber concert. Wingman was spotting for us when we finally figured out "Boy is this fun!" and I know there were a number of folks at the top of the hill smiling at us.

By the end of the day the ladies were looking forward to another run, but they all agreed that the son should get the next trip (he did miss out on 101). So now we are in "full addict mode" working on acquiring the needed safety and spare equipment. But you already know that from the posts I've put up about tires.

I should probably say something more general though. Let's try a list. that might avoid me wondering off topic.

Jaysen and Colleen married 20 years in October
Ashley will be a college sophomore at SBU this fall.
Joshua is learning to drive the TJ.
Jaysen and Joshua have a flock of homing pigeons
Ashley plays tennis.
Colleen makes mean chocolate chip cookies and bread from scratch (hence my girth).
We recently adopted 2 dogs.
Jaysen works at Xerox in IT.
Colleen works in the Palmyra Macedon school district.

I think that pretty much covers it. We look forward to meeting you all again soon.
Mid Life Crisis in the making -- '02 TJ i4 manual, Aussie Locker magic pulling from the front

Offline s0l0ithz

Re: I figured I should introduce myself.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 09:45:01 AM »
Welcome once you start down this path it's mighty hard to get off of it

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 09:57:30 AM »
Glad you joined us at the 101 and enjoyed yourselves so much!

It's definitely addictive. Welcome! :)

Tapatalking in traffic
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

Offline Spencer

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 10:12:49 AM »
welcome.

its glad to see new faces who are as interested (read: obsessed) as we are.

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 09:56:54 PM »
mmm, cookies....  ;D

Offline jaysenodell

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 10:00:52 PM »
She is very liberal with cookie provisioning. I know that there were plans for a few dozen if we made Rausch...
Mid Life Crisis in the making -- '02 TJ i4 manual, Aussie Locker magic pulling from the front

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=3250.0