http://www.treadlightly.org/
New from Honeoye Falls

Author Topic: New from Honeoye Falls  (Read 5526 times)

rochesterdsmer

New from Honeoye Falls
« on: December 04, 2012, 04:59:32 PM »
Hello, my name is Wyatt Richards; I’m 18, located in Honeoye falls, about 10 minutes from Henrietta. I just bought my first jeep. It’s a 98 xj, she’s white. I used to be in the "fast" car game, I used to have an eagle talon. Was a fun car but too un-reliable and expensive. My sister has owned a jeep since 05 and I have loved hers since she bought it. After I sold the talon I was looking for a good vehicle to get that I could still have fun with and the jeep was the only answer. Bought it in October with 130k. It's a Florida jeep so its got no rust at all. Blew the trans a week later, as I was still used to driving a "racecar" threw a new one in it and its set. My goals with the jeep are about 3 inches of suspension lift and 31's nothing too big. I am a very good mechanic as I have owned 3 eagle talons and put thousands of hours of work into them so I should have no problem learning my way around the world of xj's. I am also interested in joining the club to meet some local jeepers. I am ready to learn as much as i can about jeeps. Enough talking on with the pictures.

Heres my "racecar" was a 2.0 turbo all wheel drive.

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
Re: New from Honeoye Falls
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 05:22:52 PM »
Welcome, Wyatt!  You've found a great starting point, especially since it's rust-free!

bjwith97tj

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 01:49:42 PM »
Hey wyatt, I'm in lima. You know anywhere to go wheelin?

rochesterdsmer

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 08:21:28 AM »
I don't know of anything around here. That's why I joined. Sure my jeep is stock but i still want to go wheeling as i build it up. the only place I know if is my friends house with 50 acers and we just go play around I'm the mud every once in a while. Are you going to join this club?

Offline Spencer

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 08:49:56 AM »
Welcome!

I'm not a huge car fan, but those 1G Talons are one of my favorites. I'm actually thinking about looking for one for the spring.

bjwith97tj

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 09:30:14 AM »
Yeah, I'm going to join as soon as I can afford it, I have a jeep now lol. Are you going to the meeting tonight?

rochesterdsmer

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 10:15:23 AM »
I was thinking about it. I would like to introduce myself to the local jeep crouds. I'll be there.

rochesterdsmer

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 10:18:39 AM »
1gs are great cars. Just be prepared to spend a lot of money on parts and be ready to learn a lot. They're cool cars to mod but they don't hold up too well with a harsh beating. But Damn can they be fast.

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=3085.0