http://www.m4wdfabrications.com/
H1 Double Bead Lock Wheels

Author Topic: H1 Double Bead Lock Wheels  (Read 6301 times)

Camo1Ton

« on: November 22, 2012, 01:25:46 PM »
I thought I stur up a discussion on these type of wheels. I like the mechanical look of these wheels, but wondered how well they work or not. I have reached a point where I can accurately re-center a set to make them fit as "regular" wheels, back spacing and such. The thing is I don't see or hear much about them. I know a few have used them in the past and wondered what you thought about them.

Offline smichaelR22

• Club Member
Re: H1 Double Bead Lock Wheels
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 10:12:41 PM »
I have a set on the race buggy for wreck wheeling.  I like them.  Mine have upgraded studs.  I have broken HDPE beadlocks and went back to the mag inserts cut down.  I think they are a good cheap beadlock wheel.
572 single seat race buggy
573 Brolite '97 Ranger, '96 backup ranger
1997 ZJ 35's
2014 Ram 4500 Cummins 6 speed 4x4
48' enclosed trailer

Offline Spencer

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 02:42:55 PM »
i'll be running a set of stock h1s with 2" spacers on my one ton ZJ, when its complete. they are discussed quite a bit on Pirate4x4. the consensus is you want to run pressed wheel centers. or heavily gusset the flat centers. centers come in all bolt patterns.

Camo1Ton

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 03:47:51 PM »
Well I pulled the trigger on a set of four 12 bolt and one 8 bolt wheels. Not diggin' the rubber run flats though, will have to find something different. Cutout one 3/8" flat center for the 8 bolt, figured I'd use it as a spare, and welded it all up at 3.5" back space. Came out very true, go figure. The wheels are surprisingly true also. Never really checked a wheel before to see how much it runs out. The rest are getting pressed centers from C & M Machining in MI. If you order from them, don't expect fast delivery. Thats another story. Those and some half rock rings will finish it up.
Met C.B.III while I was doing this. His shop is across the road from mine. Good people.
Smike, you said you broke a HDPE lock ring? I thought that was soft and flexable and planned on using them. I have seen the SDR 35 PVC rings and figured that they might crack or break. Might have to make some two piece steel lock rings. Any thoughts?

Offline Spencer

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 06:39:26 PM »
There is a 2 piece locking rig I've seen on pirate. I'll try to find it later tonight if I can. It's 2 rings that sit on the inside of the bead, with adjustable sliders that hold them out.

Smike has access to some PVC pipe

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=3077.0