https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/
Hello again

Author Topic: Hello again  (Read 4121 times)

MassiveAttack

Hello again
« on: October 29, 2012, 04:48:23 PM »

I just thought I'd say hi. We recently picked this guy up. It's a '96 with the optional factory towing setup. It has the 14 bolt full floating rear end with a G80 gov-lock and 4.11s, the 7.4 liter (454) engine, and a factory installed receiver, trailer wiring and brake controller. It was delivered new locally and is still mostly rust free on the frame and body (love Ohio).

So far the only modification I've made is removing the "courtesy chime" and painting the stock wheels black. I'm not looking to go all out, but I would like to make a nice trail explorer. Future modifications I'm planning right now include:
     -411 PCM swap
     -rear and possibly front locking differential I'd like to avoid an automatic because there are plenty of "full
      lockers" available for both ends.
     -2" of lift and a tire in the 33-35" neighborhood

For anyone who doesn't know me, I started out with the club around the news year's day ride in 2003. I've wheeled a 1996 Toyota Tacoma regular cab with 31's and a rear locker, a stock 2004 TJ, and a 2000 two door Chevy Blazer. I'm a big fan of the stock look and I wheel what I drive to work everyday.

It's good to see the club is still going; I hope there are plenty of new places that have replaced all the places that got shut down while I was there. Also, nice new website! If anyone is ever down in at Wellsville give me a shout.

Sam

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
Re: Hello again
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 09:12:21 AM »
Hope Ohio is treating you well.

I wouldn't lock the front, IFS parts don't tend to take well to that.
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=3056.0