http://www.treadlightly.org/
Gameday Racing RCROCS 3 5th in Series

Author Topic: Gameday Racing RCROCS 3 5th in Series  (Read 4527 times)

Offline smichaelR22

• Club Member
Gameday Racing RCROCS 3 5th in Series
« on: August 22, 2012, 08:44:28 AM »
We prepped the car with much time to spare the week before.  it was set up low for a fast course. 

I rolled in Friday afternoon around 1, just about the first truck to hit Pit row with the 3 Canadian racers in front of me.

Ryan and liz followed and we both got pretty good spots.  Mike and some fellow club members had wheeled that day. 

We knew the rain was coming and we didn't care.  suited up and headed up to prerun the course in hurricane rain and wind.  Both the cars were taking the water pretty good, ryan had some fuel problems, and then some electrical problems.  the course was claimed to be fast with and up and down of lower talisman.  a climb i honestly dont think i have ever made in the dry wreck wheeling.

3 assults i made it, being the first truck of the day to attempt.  the other two buggies winched, and i probably would have needed to winch if attempted after if was tore up.  Ryans 6.0 was cranky and we made it back to pit.

the next day 6.0 problems were not solved, Ryan and liz were out to save the motor.

571 lined up next to a big block and took the start.  we blew a tire about 3 miles in and everyone passed us as we changed it.  trying to make up any and all ground, we pitted to grab another spare, and ended up blowing another tire.  The new dewalt impact was getting its use this race.  grabbed a third tire on lap 4 and continued on.  Got into a little sticky situation which required several forward and reverse full throttle assaults to make room for a climb line that i normally don't take.  our usual path was blocked by a winching stock classed.  at the top of the climb i noticed no brakes. we stopped to fix, and found a bent shock also from the trees i moved in reverse.  Fixed and on our way.  We also found a lost tail light was shorting out ignition power- that took yet another stop to fix. 

not a clean lap but when we were moving we were MOVING.  Car was slamming in the back and set up way too low, but we managed.

total race carnage:  2 KRT sticky tires, an H2 rim, a CO shaft, brake line, bent steering ram shaft, handful of fuses, amber tail light, front air bumb seized, engine skid plate hammered beyond use.

it was a rough race, we crossed the line 5th place, and ended the season series in 5th over all out of 34 cars. 

Big thanks to Profender for giving the car a smooth ride this year, and Solid axle for tree proof knuckles and bomb proof diff covers. 
572 single seat race buggy
573 Brolite '97 Ranger, '96 backup ranger
1997 ZJ 35's
2014 Ram 4500 Cummins 6 speed 4x4
48' enclosed trailer

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=2968.0