http://www.treadlightly.org/
Possible move to Rochester...few ????s

Author Topic: Possible move to Rochester...few ????s  (Read 5090 times)

Possible move to Rochester...few ????s
« on: December 18, 2007, 03:58:07 PM »
Hello...the name is Adams. I currently live in Richmond VA, but my wife has prompted a move back to rochester (she\'s from pittsford).

I just wanted to check with a renound local club on how the wheeling, laws etc are up there.

Down here, we only have vehicle inpsections...no smog or emmisions. I wheel a 72 commando on 1 tons...and they are not cut down...so needless to say...I have some tire coverage issues. Are the local law enforcers tough on things like that? Would flares be required?

I hear most of the wheeling is at least a 2 hour drive? Is there any good crawling? I\'m not the biggest mud fan, but I enjoy everyithing from mud to trail rideing to hard core crawling.

and on a non-wheeling note...how\'s the small business economy up there now? I have a sign shop/vehicle wrap business that will be coming with me...so needless to say...it should be interesting starting a business over again.

looking forward to the move and meeting some new wheeling buddies....thanks
Adams

Re: Possible move to Rochester...few ????s
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 04:17:39 PM »
There are about 1.5 wheeling spots in Western NY.  1 is in Lyons and is stock friendly, the other is in Olean.  Its mainly a ATV park that lets full sizes in once in awhile.  There are no legal public trails in WNY.  Everything has been shut down.  To get some good, challenging wheeling we head down to PA and MA.  Now that we are part of EC4WDA, more land has been opened up to us, via networking, in the New England area.  So... hope you like to travel cause most of the good wheeling is at least a 4 hour drive.

NYS has 2 types of insepections, Safety and Safety/Emissions.  Safety/Emissions are required for all vehicles current model year and 10 years back.  Safety is required for 11years and older. Flares are required for your vehicle.

Not sure on the business since I am not a business owner.... but I havent seen or heard of much talk about people wanting their vehicles wrapped.

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 04:46:28 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I really enjoy paragon and rausch...and I drive 5.5 hours for that now...so it\'ll be nice to be a litte closer.
Looks like i\'ll need to buy stock in TJ rear flares. I\'ve been through 2 full sets...so it may be time to make some tube flares

Offline gCracker

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 11:34:40 PM »
welcome, that is a SWEET Commando.  I can\'t wait to see it in person.

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 08:48:16 AM »
nice nice

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 06:32:11 PM »
Very nice.  Looking forward to meeting you.
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

Offline CoraC143

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 11:36:00 AM »
Nice rig! Looking forward to meeting you too!

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=296.0