http://www.aussielocker.com
New from the Loo (waterloo)

Author Topic: New from the Loo (waterloo)  (Read 4719 times)

Agent_Orange

« on: May 30, 2012, 06:26:47 AM »
been in waterloo for 1 year now. have a 90 xj that has seen lots of AZ trails (where i just moved from) but not 1 NY trail. I'm hesitant about intruding on private property as well that Sh!t just don't fly well. so where can a working class slob like myself  play? the XJ is completed as far as i want to build it. 31's on D35 nD30, NP231 Tcase, custom front and rear bumpers, roof rack, 6 KC lights, air intake that might get swtiched to a snorkel (considering where we are), CB, welded spiders in the rear (haven't broken an axle yet) skid plates for Tcase, electric  fans, 1.5 junk jard lift. it's my DD and weekend toy. soon to be just my weekend toy after my current build

currently building a 73 K5 Blazer (my true love), which will be a mostly stock rebuild minus a 4"all leaf lift and 35's. if i get crazy maybe i'll upgrade from 12 bolt to 14 bolt and a D60 up front, cross over hydro assist steering, air lock the front and rear diffs, the drive train is bullet proof. the classic 350 SMBLCK, Turbo 350 trans and the indistructable 205 gear driven t case(unless i went Atlis) gonna be a good DD hopefully within 6 months or so.

Always up to help a guy wrench on his rig. i work for steak n beer :) also i'm a mad parts scrounger. if you need something i can usually find it. theres more to finding stuff then Craigslist Ebay and junk yards. names Chris by the way. Talk to yall soon. great site by the way.

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 06:45:20 AM »
Welcome! Not sure whys up by Waterloo for trails but I can't imagine its much more than we have over here in Rochester. Whispering Pines over in Lyons (probably semi-reasonable distance for you, about halfway between Rochester and Syracuse), Back Country 4 Wheelers land down by Bath, and down ink PA for decent wheeling at Rausch and AAOA
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

Online Wingman

• Administrator
Re: New from the Loo (waterloo)
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 06:46:20 AM »
Welcome, Chris!  Whispering Pines in Lyons is the closest legal place to go off-pavement.  Someone from the site or club is there every month.  Just watch the threads and/or post up.

You should have come to the 101 event we had over the weekend...

Agent_Orange

Re: New from the Loo (waterloo)
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 11:59:30 AM »
Thanks gentlemen. I'ld prefer to go with a group my first time out here so as to not break any unknown rules so i'll keep looking for that group run that fits my schedule. next thing is creating a build thread w/ pics. (cause i know how we all like pics in our threads)

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=2897.0