http://www.hahnauto.com/retail_locations_nuway.asp
New from Buffalo...

Author Topic: New from Buffalo...  (Read 6751 times)

85jimmyguy

New from Buffalo...
« on: September 28, 2011, 01:48:00 PM »
Hey everyone! I figured I have been stalking this forum for long enough i should introduce myself. My name is Weston and I live south of Buffalo in a town called Boston. I have met a couple of you before when I made it to one of your rides at Rausch, but I rode with Harrison... I am slowly getting into building a truck to join in on all the fun I see you guys having. Right now I have an 85 s10 2 door jimmy. It started with a 2.8L with a carb that came from arizona and had CA emissions on it. It has gone through various 2.8 motors and motor revisions.. which is normal for any one who knows about 2.8s.. a couple summers ago I decided I wanted a pickup... so I made one out of my jimmy.. It sure gets alot of looks. but any way its not my DD any more so its time for the real modifications to start. I have been collecting parts for a little while now. The plan for the build is to swap in ford 8.8 with xj dana30, regear to 4.56\'s, 3-link up front with SOA leafs in the rear. It will get the full go around with bumpers and sliders eventually. I am only looking to run 33-35\'s with this truck nothing crazy just a toy that I can run around town with. As far as motor and tranny I am going to attempt to squeeze in an old GM 292 straight 6 with a muncie sm465/NP241 combo. Should be some work but I think it can happen. Anyway, hello to everyone and thanks so far for all the info that I have snagged off this forum so far. I will Try to start a build thread in the near future but at this moment the shop at home is mighty packed..

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
Re: New from Buffalo...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 02:03:42 PM »
:welcome:

Offline etk300ex

• Club Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 02:39:37 PM »
welcome
06 Frontier 4x4
03 Ram CCLB 4x4
84 Viking truck camper
92 Toyota Truggy gone
Mountain bikes, it's cheaper and smaller

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 07:17:26 PM »
Interesting engine choice, and very neat pickup conversion!

Welcome
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

85jimmyguy

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 08:22:21 PM »
The conversion was pretty easy. I just cut the cab of an s10 pickup off and welded it in. Doors are the same but the roof rises about an inch more on the jimmy. Then just had some diamond plate up and made a bed. All the jeep guys have their straight 6\'s so i thought i would give it a try... i searched online for someone that did a chevy inline swap and found absolutley nothing... so i thought i would see if i could do it.. it should be interesting..

Offline xjh3

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 08:42:02 PM »
Spent my college years riding around in this thing... It\'s pretty sweet. Very eccentric. He was obviously jealous of my 4.0, hence his engine swap choice.
97 XJ on tons
95 2500 Cummins

99superjeep

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 01:49:05 AM »
boston huh? there\'s alot of open space out there. any good trails?

85jimmyguy

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 07:52:45 AM »
There are a couple good spots that I know of but its all private property. Gas lines are great but I know too many people that work for the gas company to even attempt it.

99superjeep

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 01:29:41 PM »
Yeah I have alot of gas lines around me too and private land is pretty much all there is. I go out almost every week in the south wales holland area if want to get together sometime.

85jimmyguy

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 06:51:07 PM »
Yea i would love too but my truck is in the middle of getting a dana30 so its gonna be laid up for quite a while. Hopfully it will be ready to test out by next summer sometime.

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=2592.0