https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/
FROM THE SOUTH

Author Topic: FROM THE SOUTH  (Read 7066 times)

southernheights

FROM THE SOUTH
« on: December 06, 2010, 04:22:36 PM »
Hey guys I am from south carolina and I am coming up to the buffalo area specifically north tonawanda just before christmas through the new year.  I was hoping that somebody could show me some easy to moderate trails to ride for a day or an afternoon while I am up.  I have been mudding and hill climbing before but have never done it in the snow and I really want to!  I have an 03 tacoma with 3in lift and 33 firestone destination mts.  Sadly it has open diffs front and rear. Rest assured that I am not afraid to get stuck or push the limits.  So if anyone has some land or trails to show me around I would really appreciate it. I know that the police are a lot stricter about trail usage up there so I would like to stay legal but if laws have to be bent then by all means.  If anyone is interested in showing a southerner around some good snow trails then please get back to me either here or email me palmettocommunications@gmail.com.
Thanks
brandon

Offline smichaelR22

• Club Member
Re: FROM THE SOUTH
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 09:04:55 AM »
Welcome.  you would have better luck stoping for a day on your way into PA at Rausch Creek.  Not much local wheeling thats leagal an open in the Rochester / Buffalo area.

I grew up in North Tonawanda!

572 single seat race buggy
573 Brolite '97 Ranger, '96 backup ranger
1997 ZJ 35's
2014 Ram 4500 Cummins 6 speed 4x4
48' enclosed trailer

southernheights

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 09:23:28 PM »
I was afraid of that...my gf kept telling me that everything is highly regulated as far as the snowmobile trails go.  Down here the police don\'t mess with us at all.  Definitely do not want to get arrested for just trying to have some good clean fun!

Offline ollllllo

• Club Member
    • http://www.jokineninc.com
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 11:31:39 PM »
we can take you to some private land in LYONS, NY. its a small park called Whispering Pines.
Its very challenging especially when snow covered.

85CJ7 Streetable
85CJ7 Buggy style
06 F350 Powerstroke
www.JokinenInc.com

Offline smichaelR22

• Club Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 08:40:36 AM »
anybody call to see if he is closed down for hunting season? im not sure what they do
572 single seat race buggy
573 Brolite '97 Ranger, '96 backup ranger
1997 ZJ 35's
2014 Ram 4500 Cummins 6 speed 4x4
48' enclosed trailer

southernheights

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 12:32:53 PM »
Sounds like fun.  What kind of trails are at this place and what do you mean by difficult?  Rocks, tight squeezes, body damage?  I mean this is my DD and it is bringing me to NY and it is how I am getting back to SC.  Only thing that I am worried about is breaking something but I have put the yota through its paces and havent broken anything yet.  

...We were riding around this abandoned sand quarry that I call my \"little grand canyon\" and there is this hill that is smooth the whole way up and flat at the top.  Somebody said \" no you cant! and I said Yes I can.  So I hit the hill at 55 and jumped 6 foot high and cleared 67 feet.  Then I proudly drove away (surprisingly).  Some how nothing was broken on the yota after that and its stock suspension components with a 3 in spacer.  The steering rack sufferd for about 6 months and then eventually died but yeah.

In other words I dont think that there will be a problem with difficult its just that i would prefer not to break anything and hopefully no dents.  but when it comes to fun and cpnquering an obstacle sometimes i get really gun hoe and push the limits!

Offline ollllllo

• Club Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 08:17:15 PM »
whispering pines has lots of hills, gulley\'s, holes, mud holes, and trees. a few rocks can be found, but for the most part its mud, ruts and hills. its fun and challenging in the summer months, but in the winter months, after some snow and ice, its a real challenge.
85CJ7 Streetable
85CJ7 Buggy style
06 F350 Powerstroke
www.JokinenInc.com

southernheights

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 11:43:56 AM »
I would definitely be interested in going out to Lyons.  I am up for anything

Offline ollllllo

• Club Member
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 12:08:07 AM »
well i guess i depends on everyone availability!
Lets see what we can get?
How long will you be in town?
the weekend of JAN. 7-9th our club will be working the Monster truck show st the Blue Cross Arena in Rochester.

85CJ7 Streetable
85CJ7 Buggy style
06 F350 Powerstroke
www.JokinenInc.com

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=2216.0