http://www.treadlightly.org/
First jeep

Author Topic: First jeep  (Read 6260 times)

kempracing

First jeep
« on: October 27, 2010, 08:33:55 PM »
Hi folks, I am new to this site and looking forward to joining the club , I have had 4x4 for a long time but never a jeep, just bought my first one tonight , its a stock (not for long) 2006 wrangler unlimited , looking at putting 4\" lift with 2\" body lift so I can 35 tires under it , anybody have any good idea which lift kits are the best buy for the money , would like to buy it all in one kit if I can , Thanks

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
Re: First jeep
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 06:37:13 AM »
There are dozens of kits on the market, short arm, long arm, economy, etc, etc.  It is going to depend on your long-term goals, budget, and useage.

Can you provide some additional information?  How much pavement vs. off-pavement, budget constraints, long-term build objectives, etc?

This Jeep stuff is addictive and will suck you in...  :stir:

BTW- welcome to the site!

Offline gCracker

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 07:44:41 AM »
You probably do not need the body lift, I am currently running an old wore out 4\" lift and easily fit 35\'s with no body lift.  

Offline ollllllo

• Club Member
    • http://www.jokineninc.com
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 07:14:59 PM »
Welcome!
Glad you found us!

I agree with gCracker, no need for a body lift.

Fill us in with what the plans are for this JEEP,
(ex. daily driver or weekend offroader or hardcore rockcrawler)
there are many experienced members here who can help guide you!

How about some pics?

:nopics:
85CJ7 Streetable
85CJ7 Buggy style
06 F350 Powerstroke
www.JokinenInc.com

kempracing

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 07:16:26 PM »
WINGMAN,  Looking to do some off road with it but will probley going to a 70/30 split , 70% on and 30% off but want it to look like its 100% off road , its got to be a daily driver for the time being so Im not going to go crazy yet , as far as a budget its about $500 or $600 a month for now to put into a lift ,wheels ,tires, found a lot of stuff online but really would like to buy the parts from someone in the rochester area , Like to keep the money local !!!, So any help on finding a good local shop for parts would be a great help, Thanks

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 07:29:28 PM »
The Unlimited is a great platform to build.  My suggestion would be to save your $$ for a bit and get the best and most advanced kit you find and like.  The \"stages\" process is great but, in the end, more costly.  Do it once and do it right.

The off-road look will come with a good set of aggressive tires.  Budget-boost it and find a set of used tires for now.

We have members that wheel their Unlimited (or whatever) in it\'s stock form until the account is built up enough to buy parts.  You\'d be surprised at how capable it is stock!

I don\'t know of any local shops that stock this kind of stuff.  I think that most of us point-and-click our money away.  I\'m sure Jeepwerx can help with the install, if needed.

Only my $0.02

kempracing

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 07:38:26 PM »
WINGMAN , Thanks for your .02 , would like to do the lift tires and wheels all at once,So ya it might take me till about feb. to get it looking better (looks good now but want much more ) Hope to meet you at the next meeting as I am going to join the club

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=2153.0