TECHNICAL FORUMS > Product Reviews

Torchmate 2x2 CNC Plasma cutting machine

(1/6) > >>

ollllllo:
We took delivery of this a few weeks ago.

Due to a very busy schedule, Its been sitting in the back of the shop awaiting set-up and fabrication of a torch holder.

With little, to no time over that past few weeks to fabricate a custom and much less expensive version, we elected to purchase the torch holder that Torchmate offers. It should arrive early this week.

Scored the stand for $10 at a garage sale!
Just needs $5 in spray paint

ollllllo:
We decided to fabricate our own water table also.

Torchmate wanted $750.00

So I stopped at Rochester Surplus for $120.00 in steel.

I also installed a drain with a ball valve to help make changing the water easier.

The first cut is getting closer!

:pop:

Camo1Ton:
I still want to hook up about a copy of those link tabs. Keep it in mind and let me know.

ollllllo:
no sweat.
Just made some test cuts tonight, and after some tweaking we will be in business.

ollllllo:
So after some initial tweaking and struggling to learn the CAD Lite software. I have finally started to make some actual parts.

First was a bracket to help triangulate my NEW Modified CJ tire carrier.

Cut from 3/16\"

I made a pattern out of poster board
Scanned it into the PC
Cora imported the photo into CAD and traced it to scale. She  then exported it to the TorchMate 2x2 Software on the laptop and I brought it out to the shop to cut.

Total elapse time from start of pattern to pulling it off table = 30min

The learning curve for the software is much bigger than I expected and I havent had much time to sit down and play with it my self. Something called WORK has been keeping me very busy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version