http://www.4wd.com
DTORP Comp Day - 9/12/2010

Author Topic: DTORP Comp Day - 9/12/2010  (Read 8465 times)

XJ-Knight

DTORP Comp Day - 9/12/2010
« on: August 30, 2010, 08:23:29 PM »
Dunn Tire Off Road Park 2010

DTORP Mud and Aussie Locker Rock Comp - September 12th, 2010

Dunn Tire Off Road Park
57 Gunnville rd. Lancaster NY, 14086

Gates open: 10AM

**Dates, Times, Rules, and Regulations subject to change or cancellation**

**For current Rules and Regulations please see DTORP website**

Rock Crawling Notes:
DOT Approved Helmets Required for all Participating in DTORP Rock Events
For Current DTORP Rock Crawling Competition Policies and Procedure Please visit the DTORP Web Site

XJ-Knight

Re: DTORP Comp Day - 9/12/2010
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 08:29:03 PM »
For those who are not going to Big Dogs the weekend of this event or have other plans already I recommend going to this event. Its small but never boring and you wont regret going.. Whether it be wheeling or just spectating..

AussieLocker

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 09:08:35 AM »
I sent a note to Tony asking if they could shift the date to the following Sunday so there would not be a conflict, but no response.  So, I am assuming that this schedule holds, especially since there are mud bog races planned for the same day.

XJ-Knight

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 03:57:47 PM »
I sent him an email in regards to a date change as well a few weeks ago and no response, so I\'m with you in that the date will not change.. It\'s not promoted hard enough publicly for a lot of people to be committed to the 12th already that it could cause a problem if the date is changed..

jimsh

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 12:52:48 AM »
i know a bunch from buffalo area are going to big dogs, not me, i will be there on the 12th cause it\'s close to home. If the date changes ill be there on the new date. Not really sure i wanna put my small tj on the rocks but i\'ll be there either way, as always with the camcorder.

Offline gCracker

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 12:00:13 AM »
Crawling comp has been postponed, from the Dunn Tire Park website:

Sunday September 12th will be a Mud Race we will not be holding a rock competition due to a conflict with another race track.

jimsh

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 08:49:56 PM »
Had a good time as always. Didn\'t even bring the cameras out for this thought i was just going to watch and ended up racing. My little tj held its own against competitors that were built better than mine, stock and super stock classes were run together, i took second not bad for a little jeep. The guy that took first hit the bump in the small pit so hard his tie rod was bent around his diff. Must have been fun driving that one home.

Offline ollllllo

• Club Member
    • http://www.jokineninc.com
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 03:53:54 PM »
2nd place?

Congrats!

You ran the TJ in the mudpit?
Braver man than I am, I mostly dislike the clean-up after.

lets get some rock crawling going over there!
85CJ7 Streetable
85CJ7 Buggy style
06 F350 Powerstroke
www.JokinenInc.com

jimsh

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 08:20:07 PM »
I don\'t like the clean up either. Didn\'t intend to compete at all. At the last minute, drivers meeting i realized they only had like 10 vehicles participating so i added mine. Didn\'t expect to place at all. After first run i was in fourth. After second run i moved up to third. I wasn\'t really pushing it at all. So third run i stepped on it, moved up to second. My little tj continues to impress me. the guy who took first did more damage to his steering linkage than the money he won, i on the other hand didn\'t jump the bump at the end slowed down for it, my winnings for second covered my fees gas and clean up. All in all a good day, considering my tj on 31 all terrains beat guys who were considered super stock on bigger mud tires. Mind you my at\'s are pretty aggressive.  Wrangler authority.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wrangler-Authority/11983156

i know some ppl dont like walmart but the price was right and i needed new tires. They had 31\'s in stock i was able to through them in a cart and take them to a friends to have them mounted.  

tom who took 3rd also told me a little trick for getting the mud off. I now run the yard sprinkler under the jeep in four diff spots for about 20 min each  then pressure wash. Worked pretty good. I\'m also using a 2700 psi pressure washer. The tps sensor really doesnt like mud and water, I need another one, i have come to the conclusion im going to have two the one now in the jeep will be for wheeling and im going to get a new one that will be for when its street driven. Hopefully that will eliminate the check engine light that i get after wheeling. It\'s always tps sensor.

I need lockers, found a used aussie im going to put in the front and then i\'ll figure out the rear. need rocker protection and better skids, then i\'ll try some rocks.

jimsh

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 08:36:51 PM »
Next date at dunn tire oct. 2nd Rock pile is there just waiting for ppl to go play on it. I will be out there, i\'ve been told there\'s a stock line but being small and open open it\'s kind of pointless but i\'ll try almost anything once.  They also have two mud pits  a shallow one that i make it through and a deep one stock and super stock were to run the shallow pit. new avatar, shows some of the recent upgrades, small lift, the new tires, rims painted black, just some small things but its starting to look like a jeep.

JCJ

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 09:33:49 PM »
Your TJ looks great..  You are actually inspiring me with your fun day reports..

As much as I like the price and quality of the Aussie... in the front it will \'probably\' make your DD TJ drive like crap in 4x on the snowy roads..  

Just make sure you\'ve researched it thoroughly or ignore this if you have other snow day transportation..    :-D

jimsh

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 05:31:05 AM »
I had the same concerns myself. I\'ve talked to many people who are running an aussie in the front and rear of their dd. They say you have to get use to it, Some under steer and the rear likes to fish tail. I happen to like that, ha ha ha. My wife thinks i\'m a kid when the snow falls, its a play day and the toy is the jeep. I think i scare the :censor: out of her. I would love to have selectable front and rear but when you evaluate the cost versus the aussie i just cant justify it. I\'m just doing the front for now so as long as i\'m in 2 wd there shouldn\'t be any difference from what i have now. Think i need to replace the rear axle before it gets locked, 8.8 or something. I\'ld love tons front and rear but with a tj that is street driven again i just can\'t justify it. Yes i do have my tow vehicle that i can drive but mainly i drive the jeep. I\'ld pick up a winter beater but have no more room to park vehicles. My lot is so small that when i get a trailer for the jeep i\'m going to have to put it backwards in the driveway and park the jeep on it all the time. Prob. have to rip up the front part of the driveway and put a plate under it to attach a hitch to so the front of the trailer doesn\'t bounce around when i drive on and off. I really need to get my next property.

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 09:43:13 AM »
block the rear of the trailer, muuuuuch easier.
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

AussieLocker

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 11:03:41 AM »
NO Play Day Today...big Tractor Pull and Drag Race....

jimsh

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 03:25:10 PM »
I was dis-appointed that the play date for October was canceled.  It happened to be the last date on the calendar for the year and they didn\'t reschedule the rock comp. Things that make me wonder what they plan for 2011.

Thanks for the compliments on my little tj. I still have plans for it to grow up but it\'s taking longer than i want it too.

As with everything else, priorities change. My newest priority is acreage, i am tires of having thing closed or postponed. I want to wheel on my property. I found a nice 72 acre parcel, logging contract ends june 2011, i\'ll see what it looks like after that but it\'s a good possibility, on a hillside with at least a 220\' grade with some level areas for camping and obstacles. I\'m keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn\'t sell before then but i can\'t see anyone else buying it until the contract ends just like me.

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=2058.0