https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/
WNYMudders Presents: Five Clubs, One Whispering Pine 2010

Author Topic: WNYMudders Presents: Five Clubs, One Whispering Pine 2010  (Read 8917 times)

XJ-Knight

WNYMudders Presents: Five Clubs, One Whispering Pine 2010
« on: July 18, 2010, 04:15:17 PM »
Whispering Pines Hideaway
548 Townline Road
Lyons, NY 14489

Date: Sunday August 22nd, 2010
Time: 10am

Restrictions: Minimum front and rear tow points
CB Ch: 4
Cost Per Vehicle: $25
Cost Per Passenger: $5

Notes:
- Please Pack your own lunch as food will not be provided
- New Area is Open (Thank You FL4x4 for helping make that happen)
- Any questions in regards to this event feel free to post up here or send me a P.M
- If anymore info becomes available it will be posted here

Last years turnout was amazing. Myself and WNYMudders look forward to seeing everyone who can make it this year.

-Great trails and stock friendly when dry.. Come on out to see what Whispering Pines has to challenge you-

List
- XJ Knight
- Kensdodge1 (Twisted Toys)
- Brian (Twisted Toys)
- Ferenckzy (WNYO)
- Gilligan
- jerman75 (WNYO)
-

Offline ollllllo

• Club Member
    • http://www.jokineninc.com
Re: WNYMudders Presents: Five Clubs, One Whispering Pine 2010
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 10:27:02 AM »
Whispering pines is not open to the public on August 28th.

They are closing the park for Fingerlakes 4x4.

We are having our annual members only picnic & ride!
85CJ7 Streetable
85CJ7 Buggy style
06 F350 Powerstroke
www.JokinenInc.com

XJ-Knight

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 05:45:04 PM »
:eek:

With the scheduling fail on my part there is a new date set. My apologies for any inconvenience  

XJ-Knight

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 06:38:45 PM »
.....Bump.....

Offline CoraC143

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 06:40:50 PM »
sorry, we will be attending the RCrocs event.

Have a great time!

Gilligan

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 09:41:24 AM »
Can non-members attend?  If so is there anything I\'d need to do before attending?  Also is Whispering Pines challenging for a heavily modified jeep (Atlas 4sp, 37\" Krawlers, Lockers, stretched, etc)?

Is this event kid friendly, I\'m assuming so.

Sorry for so many questions...

Thanks.

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 11:07:17 AM »
There are some pretty good mud holes, some hill climbs, and a very small rock garden.  Other than the bottomless mud pit, you should have no troubles with anything else.

Offline ollllllo

• Club Member
    • http://www.jokineninc.com
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 11:13:36 AM »

This event is being organized by WNY Mudders. This is not affiliated with our club.

Since the author of this event post failed to include any contact info for the organizing club, I can see how this might get confusing.

I\'m quite sure this event is open to the public.

As far as being a challenge? Whispering pines has a fairly good size trail network for this area. It mainly consists of hill climbs, logs, big mud holes and some rock sections. Its split up into three seperate properties, the furthest being about 3 miles away from the main parking lot. Its a blast, especially if you go with a group.

Id suggest trying to. Send xj-knight a personal message, and maybe he can give you some more info about the days events.

Good luck, and Welcome to the forum!

For more info  
85CJ7 Streetable
85CJ7 Buggy style
06 F350 Powerstroke
www.JokinenInc.com

Offline smichaelR22

• Club Member
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 01:21:22 PM »
Sounds like you should come to rausch with us instead for the comp weekend, your built for rocks and crete :)

Wp is fun for a day trip and has some good woodzys trails, nothing technical, but still is a blast with good company only an hour away from most of us in rochester.

Gilligan wrote:
Can non-members attend?  If so is there anything I\'d need to do before attending?  Also is Whispering Pines challenging for a heavily modified jeep (Atlas 4sp, 37\" Krawlers, Lockers, stretched, etc)?

Is this event kid friendly, I\'m assuming so.

Sorry for so many questions...

Thanks.
572 single seat race buggy
573 Brolite '97 Ranger, '96 backup ranger
1997 ZJ 35's
2014 Ram 4500 Cummins 6 speed 4x4
48' enclosed trailer

Gilligan

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 03:33:35 PM »
I competed in RCROCS last year in Class 3.  Not competing this year.  I have a well built rig, but it\'s dual purpose.  I had the only street driven rig in Class 3 last year.  So when I roll and tweak the cage it becomes a big deal as my hard doors won\'t fit, etc.  

I\'ll be up in Penn Yan that weekend (actually I\'m up there every weekend) and thought I might trailer up the jeep and see what Whispering Pines is all about.  I was also going to see if anyone from Backcountry 4Wheelers would be willing to host me at their property in Bath.  

Offline CoraC143

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 03:52:26 PM »
I also competed in RCrocs last year in class 2, #143 Team Aussie. Whispering pines doesn\'t have much for rocks, but it is fun for the family. They have a nice pavilion for lunch. It all depends what you are into, most of the trails would be rated (as Rausch would rate them) green with a couple blue sections here and there.If the trails are wet even a little bit, the hill climbs get pretty hairy. A winch or a buddy with a tow strap is recommended.

Backcountry has a short but fun trail in the woods, a rock garden that eats 36\'s and axles, a tire pit, tank trap, mud bog and sand drags.

We went to a poker run with the backcountry folks. The route took us through seasonal hilly roads. It was a blast, and a bit scary because there was 2\" of solid ice on the hills. In fair weather it would be a fun and scenic trip, good for the family too.

As it was said above, this event is not with our club. If you come up another weekend, hit us up and maybe some of our members will come out to whispering pines. The weekend of the above posted event, most of our active wheelers will be at Rausch.

XJ-Knight

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 06:49:37 PM »
First I must say, Welcome Gilligan. Whispering Pines as well as this event is definitely kid friendly and family oriented. As far as to the difficulty of W.P, Wingman and Erik explained the park very well. As to the event itself, Invites have been extended to all members and forum participants of FL4x4, WNYMudders, WNYOffroad, Twisted Toys, and BC4WI.. I look forward to seeing you there Gilligan.

PS: I love your avatar pic

Offline jasonw

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 11:22:18 AM »
Gilligan, check your PM\'s....
1970 Jeepster Commando V6 auto locked, lifted and stuff

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=2000.0