http://www.4wd.com
Northumberland County OHV Park public meeting

Author Topic: Northumberland County OHV Park public meeting  (Read 36995 times)

MB4-94

Re: Northumberland County OHV Park public meeting
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2010, 10:07:15 AM »
Thanks for attending the meeting. You did make a difference.

The county officials were impressed by the amount of people that traveled a distance to attend this meeting on a Tuesday night. That in it\'s self made a big statement of support.

The meeting is being deemed a huge success by all of the involved officials. We had 264 people sign in. another 30-40 walked in without signing and people that came real early or late didn\'t get a chance to sign in at all! We are realistically saying that 350-375 were in attendance.

The meeting went a lot smoother and quieter than anyone could have ever imagined. The couple of negative comments that were said were ones that we were expecting and we were quite surprised that there were so few.

I\'m sorry that I didn\'t have time to talk to most of you , I was a little busy. Let me invite you all back down for a day of fun out on the property.

As soon as I know the date of the next meeting I will let you know. Let plan some kind of organized showing !

Thanks again, Barry.

Offline ollllllo

• Club Member
    • http://www.jokineninc.com
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2010, 04:22:58 PM »
link fixed!
85CJ7 Streetable
85CJ7 Buggy style
06 F350 Powerstroke
www.JokinenInc.com

Offline CoraC143

« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2010, 11:03:12 AM »
First couple of lines........

\"The proof is in the pudding, so they say, and in this case, the \"pudding\" was the number of people who attended a public meeting on a proposal to develop an off-highway park in the area.

The fact that more than 300 people, including many from out of town, attended the meeting is a clear indication that Northumberland County is on the right track in its plans to develop an off-highway park on more than 6,000 acres in Coal and Zerbe townships.\"

Offline CoraC143

« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2010, 11:17:41 AM »
I spoke with Barry yesterday, and he said that he has been telling everyone, from county to state levels, for years that \"if you build it they will come, and from far away!\"

Many of the people who will be making the important decisions for the park are lay people that are unfamiliar with our sport, our enthusiasm, and our ethics. The officials are unaware of the vast distances we are willing to travel for a park of this scope.

It really astonished the county commissioners, the steering committee and the design and engineering firm that people were willing to travel 1,2,3 even 4 hours to make this meeting on a Tuesday night.

Next meeting I would like to bring more supporters, from our club and neighboring clubs. We should all wear our club shirts. Let\'s show that we are organized, respectable and passionate about the future of this park and our sport.

MB4-94

« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2010, 02:54:43 PM »
You hit the nail on the head Cora. I would like to see an organized team of support for the next meeting. Your group shows up with your club shirts and hats on and I\'ll make sure that you all get a chance to personally talk to what ever county officials are in attendance at that time.

Barry

Offline ollllllo

• Club Member
    • http://www.jokineninc.com
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2010, 05:59:13 PM »
New Fingerlakes 4x4 t-shirts are already on order barry!

We will be there!
85CJ7 Streetable
85CJ7 Buggy style
06 F350 Powerstroke
www.JokinenInc.com

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=1995.75