http://www.treadlightly.org/
BIG DOG Questions

Author Topic: BIG DOG Questions  (Read 5050 times)

XJ-Knight

BIG DOG Questions
« on: May 15, 2010, 05:29:34 PM »
OK, So I have full intentions of going to the main jambo in September and over the next few months I know I\'m gonna have quite a few questions and I\'m hoping that those that have been can be of some assistance..

Over the summer to what ever Jeep I buy I will be sure to collect spare parts and have them for the trip..

Another expense that I have to inquire about is the camping. Do you guys/gals go primitive or camper? Recommendations.. Bring a grill or should that already be expected to be available as to there being so many people to party with and chill with the beer and peeps at night?

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
Re: BIG DOG Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 10:41:55 AM »
It\'s no different that an overnight trip anywhere else - prepare for yourself, and do what you\'re comfortable with.  Most sites at Big Dogs are primitive, some have power hookups.  Showers are near Camp 2, I think it is.
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

Offline ollllllo

• Club Member
    • http://www.jokineninc.com
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 07:46:15 PM »
good answer mindless,

everyone is pretty much self sufficient in all aspects. (grill, food, beverages, tools, spare parts, etc.)

especially with an event such as big dogs which is so far away, and has such a vast network of trails, we all plan & pack for the worst case scenario. When we as a group have attended this event in the past, we run trails that are rated 9+ on a scale of 1-11. they are considered some of the most challenging here on the east coast, and are not for vehicles that aren\'t heavily modified.
the majority of the participants @ bigdogs run trails rated 6 and below. and they provide very experienced trail guides for all group levels. another thing to consider is that we all trailer our rigs which allows us to push the envelope that much further. a wheeler that driven to the trails is not one I would recommend taking above level 6 or 7.

we all either tent camp or have enclosed trailers with sleeping quarters.

85CJ7 Streetable
85CJ7 Buggy style
06 F350 Powerstroke
www.JokinenInc.com

XJ-Knight

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 06:22:39 PM »
Mike and Erik thanks for the info.. Big Dogs is great timing with when I expect to be heading for Florida so I thought I stop there for the weekend and take in what I have been told is a great time and I\'m sure will be a fun experience. Yes I will be wheeling my D.D but just to be there will be well worth the stop over at Big Dogs to see what I have been missing and to do it with so many that travel from WNY..

Once again thanks for answering my questions as I\'m sure more will come over the coming months

Offline ollllllo

• Club Member
    • http://www.jokineninc.com
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 07:31:53 PM »
 :fun:
85CJ7 Streetable
85CJ7 Buggy style
06 F350 Powerstroke
www.JokinenInc.com

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=1881.0