http://www.4wd.com
Hey Y\'all

Author Topic: Hey Y\'all  (Read 6184 times)

Hey Y\'all
« on: October 22, 2007, 11:24:05 AM »
Just thought I\'d introduce myself, name is Jim Nutt and I drive a \'97 TJ (and have been the only owner). I\'ve been wheeling for about 10 years, mostly in the AZ desert and the Sierras in CA as well as trails in MA, CT, RI, VT and NH. And I\'ve been to Paragon in PA a couple of times as well. I consider myself a fairly capable wheeler, preferring rocks to mud, but hey.. dirt\'s dirt.

The Jeep is a soft top 6 cyl (with A/C... it\'s an AZ jeep!) with 3.07 gears (yeah, I know), open front and rear diffs and 31\" tires. I\'ve got a badly dented oil pan skid plate, winch and a new front bumper (yea!). I also carry a HiLift jack, 20# CO2 cylinder (with air tools as well), shovel and fluids. I don\'t carry quite as much here as I did in AZ, because civilization\'s a lot closer at hand (out there I carried 3 days of food and water, plus an extra 10 gallons of gas).

I did have a LockRight in the rear, but it starting causing some serious problems so it was removed. I\'ve driven more miles open than locked anyway, so I\'m used to the open diffs. I\'m waiting now until I can regear and put in a selectable locker. However, what with being married only 2 years, in a 150 year old house and a 6 month old baby, that\'s kind of low on the priority list.

jim

Offline gCracker

Re: Hey Y\'all
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 11:27:58 AM »
Welcome, like I said in the other thread hope to see ya at a meeting so you can introduce yourself and meet the rest of the club.

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 01:21:35 PM »
howdy....  nice to meet another wheeler.  I hope you will stick around.  don\'t be discouraged by the lack of posts on the site....  I crahsed it while upgarding and its still wheeling season.

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 09:33:02 AM »
and we end up making up for the lack of traffic here by getting together in real life a couple times a month and covering the BSing then.  Usually at MacGregor\'s in Henrietta.

Welcome!
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 01:06:01 PM »
I\'m not going to make the meeting tonight, got a severe migraine and just can\'t think of driving up.

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=187.0