http://www.sharetrails.org
Lewis General Tire/Ontario Engine & Machine, and 19.5s on my dually

Author Topic: Lewis General Tire/Ontario Engine & Machine, and 19.5s on my dually  (Read 5199 times)

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
I got a set of bread van 19.5s for my dually.  I had Vic at Ontario Engine and Machine (OEM) open up the centers for me and bake & blast them to get the cruddy old paint off.  He was great to work with and even threw a video of the boring up on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgF9RHZ-EmI

After brushing on some primer and black Rustolium Hammered, I had Lewis General Tire on W Henrietta Road put a pair of new Continental HDR 225/75r19.5s on my steers, and a set of their high traction recaps on my drives.  Their commercial truck guys were a joy to deal with.  They were patient with me, talked over quite a few options, had great communication, and got everything done on time the right way.

It wasn\'t cheap (mainly the tires themselves, since the wheels were downright cheap and Vic\'s work quite reasonable) but I think they\'ll end up paying for themselves a few times over with the 50,000-75,000 mile tread life I\'m expecting from them.

I\'ve put about 10,000 miles on these tires so far, and aside from some squirm for the first thousand miles while the VERY deep tread broke in (the traction drive recaps are I think 29/32\" - and Lewis did warn me of this), I couldn\'t be happier.  They have fantastic traction in all conditions - I was especially impressed in the snow at the BC4W Poker Run, they have yet to show any wear whatsoever, and are still running quiet, true and smooth.

For a single rear wheel truck, you\'ll have to go through Rickson or Stockdon for wheels which will set you back some coin, but if you tow heavy it really seems to be the way to go.

I\'ll have to get a better picture....  This is the day I had them put on.
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
Re: Lewis General Tire/Ontario Engine & Machine, and 19.5s on my dually
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 09:50:11 AM »
From the day I became overly impressed.