http://www.m4wdfabrications.com/
not a buggy

Author Topic: not a buggy  (Read 5343 times)

dgray69

not a buggy
« on: February 22, 2010, 03:06:54 PM »
Its not a buggy, but after being frustrated that i couldnt wheel yesterday, i spent 4 hrs in shop today, pouting and building a pre runner for the expy its a work in progress, welding skills getting better, if i could just figure out how to cut good with a torch, grrrrr

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
Re: not a buggy
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 03:24:35 PM »
Keep forging ahead, Dave!  Progress is good.  And not everything can be a buggy.  No buggy\'s on yesterday\'s event...

Offline ollllllo

• Club Member
    • http://www.jokineninc.com
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 05:41:19 PM »
I taught myself to weld when i was only a kid, as did some of our other members.

Only after years and years of practice did i finally get some quality results. And within the last year did i finally get some lessons from a Certified Welder.

(and SHE is my \"girlfriend\") :-D

Im still not half as good as her and  some of the other members, but I continue to learn every time I pick up the gun.

Keep at it!  :weld:
85CJ7 Streetable
85CJ7 Buggy style
06 F350 Powerstroke
www.JokinenInc.com

dgray69

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 06:18:25 AM »
yeah my dad is a trainer for Huan welding, and does classes all over, just never really had much use for welding when i raced moto cross, always had some one else to do it, but now ill be doing alot more, next build is a baja style tire rack that will lock in to where my 3rd row seat use to be, before it became a shop couch, then a set of sliders, just to be different and try to keep my expy from folding in half if i catch a rock

Offline smichaelR22

• Club Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 12:28:44 PM »
dont be afraid to use some bigger tube, that thing is heavy
572 single seat race buggy
573 Brolite '97 Ranger, '96 backup ranger
1997 ZJ 35's
2014 Ram 4500 Cummins 6 speed 4x4
48' enclosed trailer

dgray69

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 07:50:24 PM »
i thought about it, but this was laying around and looked like a good start, if i screwed up to bad it wouldnt have hurt so much, but i am working on other things to now,

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=1691.0