http://www.aussielocker.com
loss of local boy

Author Topic: loss of local boy  (Read 16030 times)

Offline xstream

loss of local boy
« on: July 22, 2007, 06:36:54 PM »
Sad news today , a local boy was out driving off-road with 3 other friends last night when he was killed.Yes this was a tragic loss and yet another negative mark on driving off-road.This kind of accident is why you should know the area you are wheeling , have permission and follow your basic safety rules.I am not happy with the way the news is stating that all off-road driving is dangerous.So PLEASE be smart , be safe , and tread-lightly.

My heart goes out to the family and friends..................
04 Tj 4 banger
3.5 Rubicon super flex  lift
1" body lift
XRC8,000lbs winch
4.56's
33's pro comp XMT's
96 xj stock for now

Re: loss of local boy
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 06:30:19 AM »
wow....  do you have a link to an article or news clip.

Joe

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 07:03:08 AM »

Snort

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 10:04:19 AM »
First his brother on 9/11, and now this.  I can\'t imagine what the family is going through.

AussieLocker

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 10:43:00 PM »
I met that kid maybe 15 years ago when our families got together. They live around the corner, and I graduated high school with his older sister. I can?t believe this happened again to such a nice family. Life can be so unfair.

John

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 07:50:07 AM »
Ya know...

As sad as this story is and it truely is, but there were things done that gives 4x4\'s a bad name...He was wheeling in a new development,which is no big deal..I\'ve done it myself...But he did it at night, and he didn\'t know the area is my guess...Since he was riding the dirt pile, he woulda known in a new developement building houses, those were cellars being dug..With this in mind...His inexperience,plus driving at night,plus maybe alcohol being involved(not saying there was)there was a tragic accident waiting to happen...

John...

Vanillathunder

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 03:23:22 PM »
Was there any additional news about this story?  I know I heard that the driver was charged a few days or a week later.

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=15.0