http://www.aussielocker.com
yet another noob!

Author Topic: yet another noob!  (Read 5771 times)

jeeperscreepers

yet another noob!
« on: September 24, 2009, 02:05:09 AM »
hey guys! im new to 4x4\'s and im pumped to get my 95 yj in october. it currentley has half used procomps (31\'s), a 1\" body lift, a beat inerior, a rattle can paint job and some surface rust. i plan on tearing out the carpets so i dont rot the floor pan, and replacing it with roll on bed liner. i figure this will make clean up pretty easy too. im also replacing the seats. my problem is, i want to get a 4\" lift kit and some 33\'s, but i dont plan on getting in mud all the time. this yj will be a primary vehicle, so i dont want a tire that im going to hydroplane with. any suggestions? ive compared prices of new tires and retreads.....no contest! but, i still dont know what tires are good in the rain, snow and mud. also, with the lift kit, i understand that i will need a slip yoke eliminator. do those kits come with a different drive shaft? if so, should i get one with (correct me if im wrong) cv\'s? on the bright side, the jeep was taken care of. new radiator, new clutch, new brake lines and brakes. no body damage, and a hard top. the rattle can spray job doesnt even look that bad to be honest. thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions!!

Offline GTJake

Re: yet another noob!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 05:52:44 AM »
welcome!

you \"shouldnt\" need a slip yoke with only a 4\" lift.

i had an 87 that i put the rough country 4\" kit in, thats a nice kit

again, welcome

smoser1122

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 06:09:25 AM »
Welcome. I have a 95 yj and did the rough country 4\" as well and love it. The kit comes with a t-case drop that puts your shafts at the right angle. I have no shake at all. I love to see more YJ\'s out there, you will love this jeep. By the way if you go with rough country, it is cheap as well! :chug:

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 06:47:12 AM »
welcome!

you\'re not going to find a tire that does great in both the mud and the street.  Those are really the two terrains that are most exclusive of each other.  For daily driver use I\'d really suggest something similar to the BFG AT or the Goodyear MT/R.  If you\'re willing to spend a couple bucks I think that the now designs of the BFG MT and the MT/R with Kevlar would probably be some of your best bets for a tire that\'s good on the street and can clean out in the mud.
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

jeeperscreepers

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 01:12:54 PM »
well, with the money ill save from not buying the slip yoke eliminator, perhaps ill sink into the better tires :) thanks guys! and I did notice that this jeep was pretty peppy and did drive very nice!

fasteddie

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 03:20:44 PM »
Welcome just a thought on tires to monut 33 you should really have an 8 in. Rim maybe you could have 2 sets 33 wheeling tires and 31 street tires

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=1405.0