http://www.treadlightly.org/
New Member in Greece

Author Topic: New Member in Greece  (Read 5754 times)

tclaremont

New Member in Greece
« on: July 24, 2009, 12:42:58 PM »
Hi All. Just bought an 88 YJ. Looking for a member in Greece that might be interested in helping with such things as the Nutter bypass. I am pretty good with mechanical work, but I am new to Jeeps.

Can someone tell me how many people show up at Gander Mountain?

smoser1122

Re: New Member in Greece
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 06:42:45 PM »
Hey, welcome. I too am from greece and am always wrenching. I have a 95 yj and love it. Where in greece are you? I really dont know anything about the nutter bypass. Just be ready to do alot of cutting on these older jeeps. I just put a 4\" lift on mine and it was rusty-rusty-rusty. Keep me posted, I can swing by one of these days and check out your rig.

tclaremont

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 02:19:30 AM »
Thanks for the welcome.

I am in the neighborhood behind Famous Daves near 390 and 104.

Not to worry about the cutting. I went well out of my way to find a Jeep that was rust free. It came in from out of state. The frame is in better shape than my 2003 Avalanche.

Right now it is on 31s with a three inch lift. First priority is to get it running well. It has 200k, with 90k on a Jasper 4.2 and the AC still works!

Offline jasonw

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 12:51:27 PM »
My opinion, and if you can, get an HEI, and an MC2100 carb it will start, run and idle much better, and in doing so you will be essentially nuttering it. When I had my YJ these were by far the best investments I made.

I was lazy and bought :rolleyes: mine off e-bay, if you are mechanical you can get everything you need from a junkyard for a lot less, but like I said I am LAZY.

Good luck, Jason
1970 Jeepster Commando V6 auto locked, lifted and stuff

Offline CoraC143

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 08:35:01 AM »
Welcome!!

Offline GTJake

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 04:45:24 AM »
Welcome!

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=1318.0