http://www.aussielocker.com
Hello TMN!

Author Topic: Hello TMN!  (Read 6701 times)

Chianti10

Hello TMN!
« on: July 22, 2009, 04:35:06 PM »
Hi all.  New to the site.  I am local in Pittsford and I\'m interested in joining your club.  I just purchased yesterday a \'67 CJ5 that I need to get running before I start a tear-down/rebuild.  I\'m dying to drive it and the engine is rebuilt and about 80% reassembled, so I am going to go for it before the snow hits.  So it will be awhile for me before I hit the trails.  I\'m interested now in networking to gain knowledge and hopefully make a few contacts to assist with my renovation.  I\'m still taking stock of my components through the rust!

Hopefully see you all soon!

Mike

Offline gCracker

Re: Hello TMN!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 05:12:21 PM »
welcome, stop out to the next meeting to meet everyone in person.

Offline smichaelR22

• Club Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 06:27:20 PM »
need any CJ5 parts?

welcome!
572 single seat race buggy
573 Brolite '97 Ranger, '96 backup ranger
1997 ZJ 35's
2014 Ram 4500 Cummins 6 speed 4x4
48' enclosed trailer

Dragon

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 04:07:37 AM »
Welcome!

Oh, wait.  Another Mike.

:)

Chianti10

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 04:11:19 AM »
Yes, I plan on making it out to the next meeting on Tuesday.  If for some reason I can\'t make that one, you\'ll see me at the next one.

Re: parts, yes, my immediate needs to get it road-worthy are wipers and a wiper motor.  I guess the originals were stolen (?).  For the engine, I just need a battery and some misc. hoses.  Once I power it up, I\'ll need to check lights, etc.  

Re: the renovation, I could use a new tailgate.  I need a grab bar for the passenger.  I\'d like a new windshield frame, but to stay on budget I\'ll probably need to re-hab the current one.  It\'s not that bad.  I also have what looks like a glove box on the passenger-side of the dash without a door.  Is this the faux battery box I\'ve read about?  I\'d like to get a door for that.  I also don\'t think the heating system is complete, unless it is in the dash.  I can\'t see an air input, but need to look some more.  The CJ5s I\'ve seen have the big box in the engine compartment with the hose leading through the cowl.  I don\'t have that.  I also need to replace the front turn signal lens\' (they are faded to white) and the headlight bezels (the chrome is corroded).

I need new tires!  5 of them.

Most important of all right now is I need someone to help me with welding some new floorboard panels to take care of a crappy fiberglass patch, I need a sandblasting of the underside and all components, and I need to strip and powder coat the current rims.
I\'m sure there will be more as I get into the project.  I\'ll let you all know.  I appreciate it.  

Do you think I\'m nuts to want to get it running first so that I can register it and drive it before pulling it apart to restore?

Offline smichaelR22

• Club Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 04:56:35 AM »
i have two tailgates for sale, i also have a set of 4\" skyjacker springs and shackels if you are interested in lifting it.  Have a set of 5 33\" MTR\'s and 5 35\" procomp MT\'s  i may have a glove box door kicking around too.  

i understand being on a budget! have fun though.  glad to see another 5 around.
1997 ZJ 35's
48' enclosed trailer

Offline smichaelR22

• Club Member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 04:58:03 AM »
feel free to start a build thread in the projects section and post some pictures / questions.  lots of good eyes and ears on this board for suggestions.
1997 ZJ 35's
48' enclosed trailer

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 06:45:51 AM »
welcome to the board, even if you are another Mike!

I think you\'re about the 7th :)
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

jeepfd16

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 03:16:54 PM »
Welcome hope to see that rig of yours.

Chianti10

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 03:41:01 AM »
Thanks, guys and thanks, Mike (you can never have enough Mikes!).  I will definitely start that build thread.  I\'ll start with some pics at purchase and then after I\'ve cleaned it up a bit.  I haven\'t touched it in a few days and there is a bunch of aftermarket, cheesy, DIY mods that I want off.  Then I\'ll go to work on the engine with hopes of getting it road worthy soon.  Inspection should be interesting.

Mike, I\'ll keep you in mind on those parts.  Thanks.

Offline GTJake

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 04:24:08 AM »
welcome. i dont mind haing another Mike...makes it easy to remember everyones names!

hope to see you around

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=1310.0