http://www.treadlightly.org/
aussie locker?

Author Topic: aussie locker?  (Read 11612 times)

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
Re: aussie locker?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 12:50:12 PM »
if the chunks out of the case and cross pin aren\'t huge it\'s nothing to worry about.  gears and a master install and you\'ll be good to go.

one thing to look out for is that when the pinion walked all over the place, make sure it didn\'t damage the machined areas in the snout of the housing.  would suck to rebuild it and have the seal leaking or the pinion bearing races spinning.
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

djberg

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 05:00:37 PM »
smike bummer but yay for salvageable goodies! and 75% on road 25% off and back yard...  weld is out she is still my daily driver too

jake thanks for the invite that would be awesome but i\'ll  be in pittsburg for the most of the second half of may.  and i\'m still in need of parts for new front axle/aka all have it but still need to get rear and gears cause 3.55 are just no fun

XJ-Knight

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 09:15:20 AM »
I said this in my intro but I\'m going to repeat it here. By the end of the weekend I am going to order the c8.25 locker from Aussie.. I am very happy about this purchase... My only problem now is whether or not to get the shirt...

djberg

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 09:53:33 AM »
XJ-Knight is say get the shirt and wear it to all the aussie meetings(if they had them). so you can be like that guy at the concert wearing the band that they are seeing wearing that bands shirt... lol

and hey mindless i posted in pirate and no response, so i\'ll ask you cause you are the dodge guy here. i\'m looking for an axle for the front of my truck to rebuild, so brian(guy who owns local junk yard and family friend all of my life) as we were looking through the blue book, of what will work on what with vehicles. so it says that for my 95 1500 the only axles that will work are 44\'s from a 1500 1994-5 only.  so i\'m wondering is that some thing to do with because they are the only o.b.d. 1\'s or what?

thanks again

dj

and yeah the front end is definitely getting an aussie, i\'m sold

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2009, 10:12:09 AM »
anything will work in anything, just a question of whether it bolts in or needs a bit of  work.

I\'m not real familiar with the Rams, I\'m not sure what may have changed from 95 to 96.  I know the bolt pattern and width are the same, I think both have CAD, maybe some bracketry changed?
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

djberg

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2009, 01:20:16 PM »
yeah i have no idea. but i\'m officially hooked now and in a big hunt for gears and posi lockers... we went to a local trail yesterday and as it started as a whim to go look at some state ohv trails, with one friend.  it ended up being 5 trucks and skipping the state trails, and doing \"mud run\" a local legend trail that has not been passed by trucks \"in years\"...

as the kid in the 4x4 s-10 got us there cause no one else had a clue how to get there, even though it is only 3 miles from my house.  my best friend in his 91 stock yota w/ 31x10.5\'s.  our friend in his 04 f250(stocked with all safety/recovery equipt., and a very handy chain saw. his step bro, in a 1500 chevy stock w/ thornbirds. and me in my dodge 1500 stock w/ 33\" claws and stock lift.

we get there and there are a few little holes nothing major and all is well and fun then we get to a nice 75\' long hole covered in ice and we all stopped took a look at it. all scared except s-10 dude who just hammered it broke 50\' into it and no further. backs out and lets the water out of his cab. then right back through and made it all the way this time. oh yeah and a few other very stock trucks that we met going in said there was no passing past that point because of wash out.... and back through comes rob smiling ear to ear and draining his cab again.

so now i\'m next in line...  so me, the dodge and my preggo girl go for it no problem getting through and just a little water inhaled so she spit and sputtered, back fired a few times and back through we came... i\'m stoked my confidence is through the roof now and so what else is there...

everybody else goes through and all is well except by best friend who is not all about going through the hole with his new toy...  so after 30 mins of heckling and his ol lady calling him out she starts the truck and he finally says fine my yoda will try... he makes it no biggie but does not come back for 10 min.

then finally showing back up says we can totally  get through the wash out, come look. so we all agree except s-10 guide who was not even really invited more just directions to get there.  back through the pit we all go...

to the next obstacle and ahh it was just a damn fun time and i\'m hooked  and did not make it back home till 5:30 this morn and 3 different spots. minus 3 running boards, and 2 cracked brake lights...  what a day!:-P

XJ-Knight

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2009, 10:25:46 PM »
I got the Shirt   : )

Locker should be here in three days. Props go out to Bill for making a Tough, Durable and, Affordable locker. I think Wheeling for me will never be the same :burnout:

djberg

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 05:24:00 AM »
:agree:

hell yeah i fear that after this weekend and having real traction on all four corners is gonna be sick!

you should post pics of the install of ur gonna do it your self!

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=1038.15