http://www.4wd.com
need a lift...

Author Topic: need a lift...  (Read 16582 times)

smoser1122

Re: need a lift...
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2009, 05:37:52 AM »
Thanks for the insight on the transfer case. Ill try that and let you know how it works.
As for the pittman arm, I am going to bring it to my friends shop and have him do it, he said the pittman arm puller is the only way to do it, like you said. He is optimistic though that he can get it off.

smoser1122

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2009, 09:26:13 AM »
Forget everything I said previously on this project. I have givin up on it and called a friend for him to do it at his shop. I just didnt have the proper tools for the job. I am very dissapointed in myself and feel unaccomplished. But it will be done by the weekend for W.P. Thanks for all the insight from you all. See you soon.

ExplorHer4x4

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2009, 03:30:09 PM »
Sometimes its not so easy, a full lift is a large undertaking, Don\'t be hard on yourself!

Just remember all the neat suspension stuff you\'ve learned, AND I can\'t wait to see you out there!

Offline gCracker

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2009, 05:44:49 PM »
If he is a good friend ask him if you can help and then you can learn what he needed to do to get it done.

smoser1122

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2009, 05:53:34 PM »
We went over everything today. I think he learned alot off of me LOL! My major struggle was doing this stuff on the ground in a small garage. I have done so much research on this and couldn\'t get it done, thats really what is most frustrating. I\'ll post some pics when she comes home later this week.

smoser1122

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2009, 05:42:03 PM »
So the lift is done. Pics soon to follow. If you are at wp this sunday you will see her. Anyone have a good solution to a rotted transfer case plate. It\'s the plate that holds the transfer case in place. Also my back-end seems to sit a little lower than the front, should I throw some lift shackles back there?

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=1016.0;prev_next=prev