http://www.4wd.com
Running Out Of Time On Keeping Trails and \"Private\" Land Open

Author Topic: Running Out Of Time On Keeping Trails and \"Private\" Land Open  (Read 4574 times)

AussieLocker

Just a matter of time.
Recently in PA, a group of some 100+ pro-OHV residents gathered at their town offices to speak out against a ridiculous ordinance that would severely limit ones ability to use ANY kind of 4WD/OHV vehicle (quads, dirt bikes, go-carts, even 4x4 trucks) on ones PRIVATE property. The ordinance was defeated handily.
Unfortunately, in this world of growing ultra liberal enviro-whackos, the only way we will be able to combat their ideals of keeping all motorized use out of the woods (yes, public and PRIVATE) will be in equally massive numbers. Whether its writing letters or attending meetings, that IS THE ONLY WAY we have a chance.

Within the next few minutes, I will be fwding out a whole bunch of emails. Within each will be information pertaining to national or local bills, acts, ordinances, etc. YOU need to write letters and then fwd the emails on to as many lists and/or forums as you know.

Bottom line: On any local/regional issue, a bare bones minimum of 100 letters/emails need to be rec\'d by the relevant legislators and ONE central legislator, most likely the governor, of the state where the offending bill is being proposed. (unless its a township ordinance, then the mayor would be the one central politico). On Federal issues, the office listed and the federal Senators and Representatives, NEED to receive THOUSANDS of letters/emails. With EACH and EVERY alert, YOU should be writing to your state or federal Representatives AND Senators and then, either the office listed (IE, the
Secretary of the Interior, for example) or the one central legislator, like the state\'s governor.
Do YOU know what that means? That means that if YOU want to keep wheeling and enjoying your current chosen hobby, YOU will need to write on average, about 4-5 letters for EVERY alert.
Doesn\'t sound like fun does it? Nope, and I can guarantee, that out of the hundreds that read this only a small handful will respond to any of the following alerts.
Case in point: Tellico is CLOSED... YES CLOSED. The gov\'t calls it a temporary closure. Can anyone guess why it closed? Well, duh.. because someone who was supposed to write letters didn\'t. YOU!
I don\'t give a rats arse if people didn\'t get involved in this sport to write letters. You can\'t force people to write letters ya know....  well, guess what... we WILL lose then.
I\'m NOT sorry that I\'m being so blunt.
Its the reason I have stepped away from everything and said screw it. The few that have been writing letters on every occasion to all of the necessary people simply are not enough to make a difference.

Still, I feel some odd guilt that I simply can\'t just delete these constant emails that come across my desk. Until someone finally does pick up my positions, I will get fed up enough to send out these alerts every so often.
So, to the few who have taken up pen or keyboard on every issue and fought next to me,
THANK YOU.

For those who felt that someone else would do it..
THANX for NOTHING!

David Brill=0
ABlue Ribbon Coalition
Brilliant Signs & Grafix
Guilford, CT

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=1012.0