TECHNICAL FORUMS > Project Builds

Coolest Mommy Wagon

(1/4) > >>

CoraC143:
Here\'s what it\'s going to look like in a few short weeks...

CoraC143:
To Do

Must
  - New 6\" front springs - BJ\'s Offroad (SUA)
  - Flip rear shackle, lower spring mount, add 1\" lift block (SOA)
  - New drag link, maybe drop pitman arm
  - fix rear drums
  - front rotors need to be resurfaced
  - new spark plugs
  - mount free 38\" swampers on stock rims
  - replace 3 broken wheel studs

Maybe
  - Adjust track bars
  - make longer sway bars
  - move shock brackets down, keep old shocks, which happen to be new

Cosmetic
  - resurface bondo bucket, I mean the whole truck
  - paint body
  - clean up frame and all rust on undercarriage
  - paint frame w/ POR 15
  - clean up motor, i.e. strip off all emissions components
  - fix headliner

Grand Wagoner Stats
Year: 1987
Miles: 73k
Motor: AMC 360
Options: All, including power seats, windows, mirrors, cruse control, leather, 4 wheel drive high and low, power rear window........... and it all works!!!!!!

Why?
Scott and I have both always wanted a Waggie. He has had his eyes on this one for a while, and the price finally dropped to $750, right around his birthday. This is a big birthday present for the man I love who is going through the hardest thing imaginable, war. I hope this can cheer him up and give him something to look forward to. I love building, fabricating and learning. This will truly be a labor of love for my baby cakes, AND IT WILL BE THE COOLEST MOMMY WAGON EVA!!!

smichaelR22:
very niice.

good list.

dont forget the kaiser? grill in the maybe.

GTJake:
as much as that looks cool as hell...will it have room to flex?

MrMindless:
Can you get a pic of the pitman arm?  I may want to trade you, I want 2\" drop instead of 4\"...

Mine is tapered for the large ends but you should do HD steering components with the 38s anyway.  

Gears on the list?  What does it have now?  I\'m betting 3.23s and that won\'t work too well.  Put a transmission cooler on it ASAP if you\'re not doing gears right away.  727 is a beast but it won\'t put up with heat any better than anything else and it\'s non-lockup, so it will build heat fast if it\'s being worked hard like it would be with 38s and 3.23s or 3.55s.  I\'d go to 4.56s, I think that would be about right for a non-OD trans and 37s/38s.

I wouldn\'t worry too much about flex either.  They both have wheelers, this can be a show & go toy.  That 360 can make enough power to GO, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version