http://www.hahnauto.com/retail_locations_nuway.asp
Back Country 4 Wheelers Winter Dice Run 2/19

Author Topic: Back Country 4 Wheelers Winter Dice Run 2/19  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
Back Country 4 Wheelers Winter Dice Run 2/19
« on: February 19, 2023, 03:44:13 PM »
Another roll of the dice...

After topping of with fuel in Bath, I met Jeff and Tammy at the Dunkin Donuts for our obligatory beverage and/or snack. Do you really need a reason?

We convoyed the short remainder of the route to the BC4x4 property, parked, and headed for the clubhouse. We paid our fees, signed the waivers, got the route directions, and rolled our first of two dice rolls. I rolled a 7, Jeff and Tammy rolled 8 and 9. Not a very good start. Off to the driving portion.

The roads were mostly dry and pretty dusty. We left and began following a YJ that had made some strange noises when moving from park. We figured that there might be a catastrophic show? After a couple of turns into the route, he continued straight through an intersection that the directions noted a left, and we took it. We quickly figured out that we were wrong and made the u-turn but the noisy YJ was too far ahead. We forged on and caught up with a larger group of JKs and JLs at the first chip check point. We followed them for quite a while and they weren't poking around! Off to the races!

Eventually, a couple of them peeled off into a parking area and we followed. Time to walk the dogs. When we figured they were also stopped for lunch, we struck out on our own. After making a couple of u-turns again because there were very few road signs, we got our rhythm back and finished the course without issue, returning to the property.

Back in the clubhouse, we turned in our chips and rolled the dice for the last time. I rolled an 11 for a total of 18 and not enough to be in the running. Seems I never am. Jeff and Tammy also were not successful.

We decided to go and see some shenanigans on the property. Jeff and Tammy drove a couple of trails and obstacles while I watched others go through the water holes. There were a pretty good variety of vehicles including an H1 Hummer, a '70 Chevelle 4x4, a CJ2a, trucks, jeeps, and SUVs of all sorts.

The drive home was uneventful. I stopped at the local wash bay and removed the evidence from my wife's favorite vehicle before hitting the driveway.

Seems to me like a good way to spend a warm February Sunday morning. I've been "die"-ing to get out.  ;)

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=4038.0;prev_next=prev