http://www.hahnauto.com/retail_locations_nuway.asp
AOAA 9/12, 9/13

Author Topic: AOAA 9/12, 9/13  (Read 2701 times)

Offline foxman

• Club Member
AOAA 9/12, 9/13
« on: September 14, 2020, 05:40:22 PM »
Wow, another beautiful weekend with great friends down in PA. Where else would you rather be?!

The fun started on Friday evening with a chilly night, a nice fire and some drinks and stories shared. Around the campfire was Mark, Dennis, Joe, Chris, Jodi, and myself. We all made it to bed around 1130 but it depended on how close you were to the crazy loud shenanigans behind us if you slept or not.

Saturday morning, we were ready to hit the trails. First on the list was the eastern reserve, we headed straight to the back corner to Barney Rubble, a very fun trail with lots of different lines to take, we all made it up different ways staying side by side and having a blast. Next trail in front of us was #38(m extension), a nice black that also has many different lines to get the top and i think we all went up a different way. At the end of that, we were on to S.O.B..... A double black that sure lived up to the name. Mark, Dennis, Joe, and I headed out to conquer it. The first climb made up of boulders the size of our rigs and a tight "S" was the first challenge, we all made it with a little body rash but good to go, on to the next section. We continue to make our way down SOB when Joe has his nose in the air climbing a large ledge and he loses brakes! We were able to get a winch hook up just in case and he made the climb with out the assistance of it, made it to the top and discovered the bolt had come free from his pedal, easy fix. We continue. The next pile of rocks on the trail, Mark discovered a strange noise coming from his driveshaft, we stop, check it out, and chalk it up to something we are not going to address at that moment (we were in a bad spot). Mark says lets continue, so we do, on to the final climb out of SOB. I find myself the first one to try the climb, I ended up spinning and sliding to the left until i found a large boulder in my driver side door, touching my seat and giving myself a nice arm rest while the others went to hook a winch up to my cage and pull me away so i could winch myself to the top. Just a little body damage to the jeep, and a little to the ego. Next up was mark with his wounded driveshaft, he crawled it well with those stickys and was lucky enough to still have 4x4 at the top. Joe made it look easy, and Dennis hammered down. All is well, SOB trail is over, mark decides to pull his driveshaft and head back to camp. The rest of us decided we had one more trail in us so we headed over to Lower Anthracite then back to camp to meet Mark and enjoy the evening sharing dinners and enjoying a fire.

Sunday morning we decided to take it easy and head to the western reserve to check out the "whale back". On the way out I had a caliper lock up on me so it was time to park it, leave it on the trail and hop in with Joe. Whale back is an incredible sight, we observed for a few minutes then continue on. Next on the list was "fern ridge", where we found ourselves standing at the top of "Got The Stones". Dennis was the only one willing to give it a try, and was recommended not to do it by the rest of the group. Dennis said "my rig is still in one piece and it is Sunday, I'm doing it!!!". He ran back to his rig, pulled out his bicycle helmet and proceeded to dominate the trail with the expert spotting by Mark. 5 minutes later hes at the end and everyone is cheering him on! Great job Dennis! After that it was time to head back to camp, load up, and head home.

Another great weekend with awesome friends!
Hope we can do it again soon!

Offline foxman

• Club Member
Re: AOAA 9/12, 9/13
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 05:49:40 PM »
I almost forgot, Dennis was planning on getting some nipple rings and a mullet so he would fit in with the mudders down there in Shamokin. Next time anyone sees Dennis, I fully anticipate him having these 2 new body modifications! ;)

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
Re: AOAA 9/12, 9/13
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 06:30:36 PM »
Double cardan centering pin broke. First "major" break in 4 seasons.

Also had a trailer tire blow out on the way home. 10 min change with all of the help!

Definitely my weekend of carnage. I was long overdue.

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=3956.msg31967