http://www.4wd.com
Rhode Island Trail Slayers weekend at F&F 7/12-14

Author Topic: Rhode Island Trail Slayers weekend at F&F 7/12-14  (Read 2260 times)

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
Rhode Island Trail Slayers weekend at F&F 7/12-14
« on: July 15, 2019, 01:00:24 PM »
I was a graciously invited to join RITS for their club weekend at F&F. How could I refuse? I've had the privilege of wheeling with some of the members through the years and they have proven to be a capable and hard-core group. It was especially convenient since I was permitted to leave the Willys and trailer behind from the weekend prior. Did I mention that there was a pig roast too? Yeah, that!

I arrived Friday evening shortly after 8p, grabbed the trailer and set up "camp", then hung out with everyone around the fire while awaiting others. It was a pretty raucous evening of getting acquainted with folks but I eventually bailed near 11p for some sleep. What can I say? I'm old...

Saturday began with copious sunshine and pleasant temps. A relaxed morning with breakfast was enjoyed and we set out to run Elm Street (red). It is said to be #1 or #2 hardest trail on the property. We picked and clawed and winched our way through with one rig suffering a broken front gear set and another a broken output yoke and rear shaft DC joint. Repairs and recovery were completed in quick order and after about 4 hrs on the trail, we made it through. We returned to camp to grab a late lunch and resupply. Drivers were switched and we headed out to run Boulder-dash (black) and then spectate a group on Everything Sucks Redux (red). All completed without incident and headed back for the BBQ. With bellies full of yummy goodness, our minds a generous portion of fellowship, and hands with raffled equipment, we returned to our own camp and enjoyed a more sedate evening than the previous, including much needed showers.

Sunday dawned even better than the day before and after a lazy morning and delicious Hannah-prepped breakfast, we parted ways for our respective domiciles. My "fun meter" is pegged on FULL.

Harry/Hannah
Caleb
Reid
Weston
Mark

...and the rest of the RITS!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 01:02:44 PM by Wingman »

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=3895.0;prev_next=next