http://www.m4wdfabrications.com/
AOAA 6/21-6/22

Author Topic: AOAA 6/21-6/22  (Read 3034 times)

Offline Jeff_G

• Board Member
AOAA 6/21-6/22
« on: June 24, 2019, 05:18:11 PM »
The trip started I imagine like most trips, with some last min wrenching. Dennis came over to Marks house where the 2 of them swapped Marks smaller tires on to the You Cant Loose with 42's rig to see how smaller tires fit into Dennis's awesome new trailer, The rest of us showed up after noon and our caravan hit the road in route to a great weekend of wheeling at AOAA. We got in a bit later than planned and camp was set up just before dark. Everyone NOT having a site in the Tent site area was lulled to sleep by the soothing sounds of a very loud generator a couple of sites away.  Saturday started with a great breakfast, registration, then we hit the trails with Mark leading the way. we hit a bunch of Blue trails and Jeff wimped out at the first hard obstacle and regretted taking the much to easy line, oh well maybe next time. We had lunch at the base of Renee's Hill which Mark was the only one to make it up, Keith gave it a great try making it about 3/4 the way up.  Mark then came down the red trail Zak's Bender, Dennis had tried to go up that trail earlier but wasn't able to make it up. Jeff made it up the hill first scouting it but I don't think walking up it counts. After lunch we took Boy Scout trail over to Barney Rubble where everyone had a blast and Dean showed just what his Ranger can do. We hit a few more trails ending with Twister (A new personal favorite of mine) Its a winding trail with enough obstacles to challenge Deans Ranger and giving Tom a whole lot of practice spotting. We made it back to the trailhead just a little bit late at 6:04 followed by a mouth watering dinner cooked by Keith.

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=3890.0;prev_next=next