https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/
Field & Forest Summer Blast 7/6-8

Author Topic: Field & Forest Summer Blast 7/6-8  (Read 3762 times)

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
Field & Forest Summer Blast 7/6-8
« on: July 08, 2018, 05:20:27 PM »
Another great weekend in the books.

I left home around 9a Friday with the intention of arriving shortly after 3p and meeting up with Reid Denis and Caleb Spillane and getting some afternoon wheelin' in. After driving through some torrential downpours in the mountains of VT, I arrived at about 3:45p with Reid about 30 mins later to clearing skies and cooling temps. Unfortunately, Caleb had to cancel.

Reid and I unloaded our jeeps and hit some black trails like Boulderdash, Pinball, and Buzzkill, covering ground pretty well. We returned to camp at nearly 7p and got our respective accommodations established. I chowed a bit of PB&J "dinner" and some of the RI Trail Slayer guys (Eugene, Drew, John) stopped by for a chat. We decided to join them for a night run on some greens, blues, and blacks, with some more difficult obstacles thrown in just for good measure. We were back at camp about 10:30p and ready for some sleep. The stars were amazing!

The night was cold with temps dipping into the 40s, but some rest was had in spite of that. The morning greeted us with warm sun and clear skies. It seemed like a good idea to tackle a difficult trail in the morning so we headed for a red called Easy Street. We worked our way through, having to pull winch rope a couple of times each just for that little 6" tug needed. It was about lunch time when we finished and Reid's wife Mollie and their dog Tie Rod were enroute to meet up with us at camp so we exited the woods. We all grabbed a bite to eat and decided to run Lake Trail and Back Door, both rated black, and whatever else in-between. We also ran Devil's Bunghole (red) from Lake Trail to Pete's Pass and ran one of the end loops of Easy Street (red) on our way out. The day was nearly complete with a delicious BBQ provided by F&F. After dinner, Reid wisely decided to load up and head home with his Jeep suffering from a mysterious no-brakes issue. I stayed and night-wheeled with Kevin (previously of RITS) and another "juggy" through Buzzkill and Pinball running the opposite way as the day before. Back at camp at 10:15p, I showered and headed to bed. Another cool night around 50*.

I woke to another bright and beautiful morning, got packed up, conversed with a neighbor for a bit, loaded the Willys in the trailer, and was on the road by 9a for an uneventful haul home.

Other than Reid's mystery no-brakes issue and some sheetmetal "massage" on the Willys, it was a carnage-free weekend of serious trails.

Field and Forest is awesome!

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=3851.0