http://www.treadlightly.org/
New Offroad Test Facility Discussion

Author Topic: New Offroad Test Facility Discussion  (Read 4418 times)

Patches

New Offroad Test Facility Discussion
« on: June 15, 2018, 11:26:15 AM »
Hello members,
   BHM Auto Service LLC, in Binghamton NY has purchased land in the McDonough area of NY. They are looking to be open on weekends, and for special events. I am looking for information regarding what people would really like to see in an offroad facility. Just a little feedback please, here are some of the details so far.

1) Membership required at $15 per year to play at the facility.
 2) Cost to play, $20 for a Driver per Day, $7 for the passenger, but passenger cost can be waived when they sign up to be a member (one time coupon).
 3) 4x4 Vehicles Trucks and UTV's at this time. (no ATV's at this time, but it's being discussed)
 4) Obstacles, trails, rocks, hill climbs, and will consider all suggestions (MUD?)
 5) There will also be options for Gold members, and those members will have opportunities to make money, and be more involved. 
 6) time line to open not 100%, but hoping in late July of 2018
 7) there is electricity, water, sewer, garage, and other structures to utilize.

Just looking for some input, and recommendations is all. We would appreciate the help to make this a fun facility for everyone. This is only 100 acres, but we have the equipment and man power to make it fun.

Please and Thank you, not posting to social media till everything is planned for a soft open test run.

Online Wingman

• Administrator
Re: New Offroad Test Facility Discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 04:07:03 PM »
A good size rock garden with different difficulty levels

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 09:30:31 AM »
Overnight parking/camping is definitely a help for things further than an hour or two, will help increase draw assuming it's big enough to justify a day's play.

Some of us could make use of a fast track section for shakedown and/or suspension tuning, but I'll be honest: I think those of us in/around Rochester are holding out for something closer for that use. I'm not sure I know of any folks in the area closer to you that would be interested in that. If you were interested in hosting any racing that definitely draws from further afield. Even for once a year, if you've got the space and the right trails or track for it.

For rec wheeling, definitely second what Mark said about rocks.
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

Patches

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 04:56:11 PM »
Thank you all for the suggestions.

Offline GojiDog