https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/
AOAA 11/11

Author Topic: AOAA 11/11  (Read 3801 times)

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
AOAA 11/11
« on: November 12, 2017, 11:30:15 AM »
It was a pretty busy day at AOAA with a large group of Land Rovers numbering 30+, buggies from Long Island Trail Slayers, a good size Cherokee group, and more.

Dennis (94tracker) and I were invited to join Outcast Krawlers at AOAA for the day. It was a diverse crowd with two groups planned: one for the buggies and spectators headed to "Balderdash", and the other a trail riding group. En masse, we headed for the trailhead of Balderdash so people could see and walk this new trail. We promptly found the route blocked by stuck and broken Land Rovers and had to circle back and find a different way. Eventually arriving, the group disembarked, walked the trail, and then loitered for a bit. Max (Climax Offroad), Dennis, and I split off and went our merry way.

Our little group of three covered Bee Line, Lower Anthracite, the first half of M, and a few misc green and blue trails before calling it a day.

A chilly day to be sure, with teens :o in the morning and mid 30s in the afternoon. Thankfully, the sun shone and there was only a little breeze. A heated pickup cab was a welcomed convenience on the drive/tow home!

Although Balderdash is a short loop trail, it is my understanding that it has yet to be conquered unassisted. Yesterday was no exception. The group of seven did not leave the trial system until 5:00pm, all needing winch assistance for the gully climb in the middle. Definitely a trail to check out when the weather is warmer.

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=3835.0;prev_next=next