http://www.aussielocker.com
Rausch Creek 9/9

Author Topic: Rausch Creek 9/9  (Read 3313 times)

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
Rausch Creek 9/9
« on: September 10, 2017, 10:33:51 AM »
After driving through some spotty downpours and a traffic snarl in Watkins, I arrived late Friday evening and found the parking lot less busy than expected. A decent-sized group of JKs and a few trailered Jeeps were all that had come. Gif was already there and had a nice campfire going. It was a bit chilly and it was very appreciated. The "Big Buddy" heater was also fired up to keep warm whilst sleeping.

We were on the trails by 8:30a and headed toward the old office to 3a and 3b for some black and red climbs and descents. We worked our way down C trail hitting Walk In The Park, CV, and O, looping to catch the good stuff. Then we heard it... a bang that sounded a wee bit different than dropping off of a rock ledge... unexpected driveshaft failure. We had done some good black and red climbs without issue. Failure point looked old so we surmised it was prior fatigue. He winched himself the short distance out to the green O trail and we cruised back to camp.

While Gif loaded up, I found a group of guys from the old Baltimore Wheelers club in Maryland that were on 35-40" tires and well equipped. They were in the lot doing some minor repairs and were headed for Crawl Daddy first thing. I knew this was the right group. They welcomed me along and we set out and enjoyed the perfect weather while doing black and red trails. At about 4:30p, one of their YJs suffered a sidewall slice on the entrance to Walk In The Park so we limped it back to camp.

I shared my thanks, said my farewells, and headed north for an uneventful drive home.

The List:
Wingman
Gif

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=3807.0