https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/
Rock Run Recreation Area 10/22

Author Topic: Rock Run Recreation Area 10/22  (Read 4983 times)

Offline smichaelR22

• Club Member
Rock Run Recreation Area 10/22
« on: October 24, 2016, 03:08:48 PM »
A couple of the buffalo buggies were headed to rock run so i went down to meet them.  Pulled in to Patton PA at about 7PM after a 5 hr drive mostly in the rain.  The park has a gate and little to no staging area infront of the locked gate.  i trecked into town looking for a spot to land for the night.  this was a mistake with a 48' trailer.  almost ran my truck out of diesel trying to get turned around and back in the direction of the park.  found a gravel lot and landed.  no phone service so couldnt search for the near by campground.  boo.

Saturday morning i was awoken by trucks and trailers stacked at the gate waiting for it to open at 9am.  made some breakfast and pulled into the park to wait for the rest of the group.  We had 4 buggies and TJ also on 40's 

Rock run has some BIG rock trails that are very challenging-  my new tires were angry not yet broken in and the winch cable got pulled a few times and bypasses were definitely taken haha! Wheeling started out cold and windy, but turned out to be a great day.  Mike universal guided 4 biggies.  Dom lost a steering knuckle which required some welded to limp out.  we carried on.  big rock trails.  Treps with air in them were failing against the crawlers and sticky SX's.  Mike U rolled on a big hill climb.  all good.  Bills TJ buggy with bald crawlers continues to impress.  Map and trail system looks to me much improved.  didn't see the camping area really.  27$ for OHV day pass. 

took 219 way home which was about an hour shorter than going the rausch way but still getting screwed in the end.  still a 5 hour drive for me with a fuel stop.  rolled into a little station on fumes and put 49.5 gals in.  ekkk!
572 single seat race buggy
573 Brolite '97 Ranger, '96 backup ranger
1997 ZJ 35's
2014 Ram 4500 Cummins 6 speed 4x4
48' enclosed trailer

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=3738.0;prev_next=prev