http://www.m4wdfabrications.com/
Whispering pines questions

Author Topic: Whispering pines questions  (Read 5667 times)

Battlewagon

Whispering pines questions
« on: June 18, 2016, 08:41:20 PM »
What's up fellas. I just moved to Rochester from Knoxville TN about two weeks ago. I'm looking to get back into wheeling and was going to check out whispering pines hideaway tomorrow.

Any tips, pointers, trails to run? What's the terrain like? Rocks, sand, mud? My rig's a locked/locked XJ on 33s.

Also, any one want to join me? I know I'll commit a cardinal wheeling sin by potential going out solo, but I'm itching to get dirty.

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
Re: Whispering pines questions
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 09:04:29 AM »
Haven't been to the Pines in a while but with the little rain that we've had, it'll be fairly friendly.  Mostly easy trails with pockets of mud here and there are some deep impossible holes to avoid along the outer perimeter.

I'd bet there will be a group or two there to connect with if no one here speaks up.

Battlewagon

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 01:47:33 PM »
I saw those holes. Wheeled with a perfect stranger in a CJ5 for a bit. He left and I just cruised around. The place seems pretty cool. Did a lot of the obstacles with zero issue.

Jeffv2718

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 07:34:21 AM »
I saw those holes. Wheeled with a perfect stranger in a CJ5 for a bit. He left and I just cruised around. The place seems pretty cool. Did a lot of the obstacles with zero issue.

I was there the day before you went, good times. Hit me up next time you want to head out. I'm in a red wrangler, my buddy has a tan TRD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline smichaelR22

• Club Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 07:53:40 AM »
Unfortunately Whispering Pines has lost their trails to a land sale.  this takes 95 % of the park away from you.  There are still some man made obstacle course stuff and hill climbs around the lodge property.   

very sad to loose this property, hopefully in the future something can be worked out with the land owners. 
572 single seat race buggy
573 Brolite '97 Ranger, '96 backup ranger
1997 ZJ 35's
2014 Ram 4500 Cummins 6 speed 4x4
48' enclosed trailer

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=3712.msg30796