http://www.4wd.com
Partial Restoration & Repair on '91 Wrangler Renegade

Author Topic: Partial Restoration & Repair on '91 Wrangler Renegade  (Read 4631 times)

renegade2397

Partial Restoration & Repair on '91 Wrangler Renegade
« on: January 07, 2016, 02:34:41 PM »
Hello Everyone,
I'm looking for some guidance, advice, and help in breathing some life back into my 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade.  It's been sitting in a garage for the better part of 5-6 years, and some of my primary concerns are as follows:

- passenger floor pan needs to be replaced (I have the part, just not the means to cut and weld it in)
- brakes will most likely need to be replaced as its been sitting and they've rusted away...I feel some of the wheels have locked up as well
- wiring will need to be looked at behind the dash...some water leaked in there and resulted in some smoking
- the drivers side seat belt plate has rusted off the floor
- other minor body work (has a hard top that's in decent shape with working light)
- exhaust has a leak and has disconnected from the muffler
- the hitch bar rusted off (not sure if it can be re-attached or not)
- it was previously sprayed with rust proof undercoating but that has since wore off...not sure of any deterioration that may have resulted

Anyway, I'm sure that's enough to at least give you an idea of the shape it's in.  I would love to get her to at least road worthy status again, as the vehicle was given to me by my father who has since passed and it holds a very special meaning to me.  I finally have the means to invest a little money into getting this beloved Jeep back in action.

Does anyone have any advice on shops or place that could assist with this project in any way? 

Thanks for reading!!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 02:38:01 PM by renegade2397 »

Offline Spencer

Re: Partial Restoration & Repair on '91 Wrangler Renegade
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 04:32:24 PM »
Mike Abbatte and I both have shops and work on Jeeps. One of us would be able to help. He is in Henrietta and I'm in the city.

It sounds like there is a fair amount of work that needs to be done. Do you have any pictures? Where are you located?

Spencer

Offline jACeL86

Re: Partial Restoration & Repair on '91 Wrangler Renegade
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 04:41:07 PM »
If there are any areas of the frame that need repair, i highly recommend checking out the Auto Rust Technicians website.  They make a great product that saves a ton of time over making your own sections.
'06 Rubicon, 5.5"RE tri-rear, 37" Trxus, Metal Cloak gear

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=3677.msg30638