https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/
Field and Forest, Hancock, NH

Author Topic: Field and Forest, Hancock, NH  (Read 4547 times)

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
Field and Forest, Hancock, NH
« on: September 13, 2015, 05:41:19 PM »
Field and Forest Recreation Area is a 'legit' offroad destination.

Harry, Hannah, and I along with a couple of CT friends participated in NEA4WD Fall Crawl 2015 at Field and Forest, sponsored in part by Aussie Locker.  With 16 groups to chose from, there was something for everyone.  While not all groups stayed on this property, some of the most difficult trails were there.  Trails were rated Green, Blue, Black, and Red.  This rating system was similar to Rausch Creek in name only because these were more difficult.  F&F Red trails were definitely out of my league while I have completed some of the Red obstacles and trails at RC.  This may be because of the different surfaces experienced.  The rocks are a smoother surface and there is moist dirt/loam betwixt.  We were in a group that was destined for the most difficult 'Black' trails (i.e.. Pin Ball, Boulderdash).  Everyone was experienced and as much or more built than I.  Winches were used, one slow motion side flop, a few close flops, lots of scraping and bashing, and wheel spin.  There was only one incident of breakage: a driveshaft u-joint that was quickly repaired.  Everyone in our group was very supportive.

Camping was in a grass (not farm 'grass') field with showers and flushing toilets on site.  There are electric sites available too.

It would be worth it to make a trip out at least once.  Maybe it would be a yearly event like Big Dogs?  It is a scenic drive, different terrain, and less primitive camping than RC.

Offline ollllllo

• Club Member
    • http://www.jokineninc.com
Re: Field and Forest, Hancock, NH
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 06:18:23 PM »
We won't miss another event.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

85CJ7 Streetable
85CJ7 Buggy style
06 F350 Powerstroke
www.JokinenInc.com

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=3653.0