http://www.hahnauto.com/retail_locations_nuway.asp
whispering pines oct 27th?

Author Topic: whispering pines oct 27th?  (Read 10383 times)

Offline jaysenodell

Re: whispering pines oct 27th?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2013, 06:23:18 PM »
Do we have a meetup time?
Mid Life Crisis in the making -- '02 TJ i4 manual, Aussie Locker magic pulling from the front

Offline jaysenodell

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 08:14:14 AM »
Just called. Told them we will be there late morning early afternoon. I'll be there between 11 and 12. I'll use cb40. Son and I will head straight in once we are there.
Mid Life Crisis in the making -- '02 TJ i4 manual, Aussie Locker magic pulling from the front

Offline jaysenodell

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 02:41:13 PM »
Well it is official. My son will never go off roading with me again. Found the only possible way to get the rear wheels suspended then promptly suspended them. Nothing like the feeling that the jeep wants to do a sumersalt to make you wish you had a change of shorts in the emergency kit.

Offline Callelle

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 04:15:59 PM »
Well it is official. My son will never go off roading with me again. Found the only possible way to get the rear wheels suspended then promptly suspended them. Nothing like the feeling that the jeep wants to do a sumersalt to make you wish you had a change of shorts in the emergency kit.

I have a hard time believing any of this could be worse than that trail Mark dragged us through at Rausch last weekend.
1997 XJ Country 4.0/AW4 - DD/Weekend Wheeler
  4.5-5" lift, TnT Long arms, IRO/RE springs, Aussies, a bunch of armor
2006 Chevy 2500HD 6.0 - Tow Rig
  Firestone Airbags

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2013, 05:17:28 PM »
 ??? ................................................... 8)

Offline jaysenodell

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 05:46:23 PM »
I didn't measure but I had the front passenger about 4ft lower than the rear. Once the tire lost grip on the wall driver rear went straight up. Rear driver had nothing keeping it down so it levitated. Once the driver front started to slide the passenger rear started to lift. It was bad enough that moving hands and arms caused SERIOUS rocking. I was pretty scared. It didn't help that the ground started giving way...

As to Mark's trail, I didn't have too bad a time with it. Something about short wheelbase and not driving off a cliff might have something to do with my opinion though.

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=3353.0;prev_next=next