http://www.aussielocker.com
Project 91 Nissan Pathfinder

Author Topic: Project 91 Nissan Pathfinder  (Read 16665 times)

TheMagiciansEye

Project 91 Nissan Pathfinder
« on: July 31, 2013, 04:09:41 AM »
And so it begins!!!

Here is a before picture to get us started.

As you can see I got my Monstaliner in the mail today. That's why I decided it's time to start my own official build thread.

Here is the way she sits as of right now. Parts are coming off of her as we speak lol.

If you want to see the build videos check out this link.

http://alvarezmetalworks.com/?cat=271

This is a list of current plans/goals:

• Paint her in a 3 color Monstaliner finish
  • Rebuild the brake system
  • Install 16 inch steel wheels with custom welded on rocks rings
  • Install Mud tires of some sort. I’m thinking about going with 33″ Treadwright Guard Dogs
  • Remove and replace the entire interior with the interior out of a 94 Pathfinder.
  • Install an updated steering system from Calmini
  • And much later down the road. Fully custom suspension with a solid axle installed up front.
  • Install a transfer case doubler.
  • Install winch
  • Build new roof rack and install LED light bar.
  • Skid plates
  • Maybe a roll cage
And this is a rough idea of what I hope she looks like when I'm finished. All the graphics will be vinyl.

TheMagiciansEye

Re: Project 91 Nissan Pathfinder
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 04:10:23 AM »
Made a bunch of progress. The truck is completely tore down and I'm about half way finished with the prep work before I can spray Chassis Saver on the rust prone areas. Once that's finished I'll start rolling on the Monstaliner.

If you want to check out the videos here's the link.

TheMagiciansEye

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 04:11:00 AM »
All the prep work is finally finished!! Tomorrow I mask it off, give it a quick wipe down to remove any dust, and start spraying Chassis Saver on all the rust prone areas. After it has 4 or 5 hrs to dry it will be time for Monstaliner! Finally lol.

TheMagiciansEye

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 03:34:24 AM »
Made a bunch of progress today. Basically I sprayed a base coat of Chassis Saver to help fight off the rust issues here in NY. This is the first time I sprayed a car so it was far from perfect but I think it turned out pretty good for a base coat that will be completely covered up with Monstaliner. Normally when using this product you should apply 4 thing coats. I did one medium coat because it's just a base coat. Honestly though if I had more Chassis Saver I would have done at least one more coat for piece of mind.

Anyway here are the pics.

If you're at all interested in watching me paint this click on the following link. There will also be information about the gun I used and what not.

TheMagiciansEye

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 07:13:12 PM »
First coat of black is applied and looking good! I'll start the 2nd coat in a couple hours more hours. White and read will be installed tomorrow late afternoon.

If you want to watch that process make sure you check out this link.

TheMagiciansEye

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 06:35:28 AM »
More Progress!!! And good God I'm tired. Working until all day and night until 5am is rough. But worth it! One more color to go! But for now it's time for some much needed sleep.

TheMagiciansEye

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 11:07:09 PM »
Just a little teaser pic. This turned out looking damn good. Make sure you guys check out Monstaliner. This is a great product and made my truck look good enough to get the neighbors to stop and look at it.
http://www.monstaliner.com

^^^^^Make sure to check them out^^^^^

TheMagiciansEye

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 11:39:39 PM »
All smiles over here. Still have some work to do but I was able to take her for a ride earlier lol.

Offline Callelle

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 06:19:15 AM »
Normally I can't stand bed lined exteriors, but this thing looks awesome. Good job.
1997 XJ Country 4.0/AW4 - DD/Weekend Wheeler
  4.5-5" lift, TnT Long arms, IRO/RE springs, Aussies, a bunch of armor
2006 Chevy 2500HD 6.0 - Tow Rig
  Firestone Airbags

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 06:52:53 AM »
I'm with you Josh.  I think the colors make it!

TheMagiciansEye

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 07:01:48 AM »
Normally I can't stand bed lined exteriors, but this thing looks awesome. Good job.

Thank you and I'm glad you like it. I too am normally not a big fan of bed lined exteriors. I was really worried about doing this because God knows what kind of nightmare it would be to remove it all if I didn't like it and then I'd have to pay for an actual paint job.

My clear coat was getting real bad and making my truck look like crap so I pulled the trigger and gave Monastaliner a shot. I've seen many photos of their customers rides done up in all these wild solid colors. Some look way better than others. Some I really  liked and some I thought looked terrible lol. Talked to the owner about doing more than one color and got allot more details on the product. And you can see the final product. It looks great and everything I was worried about is no longer a problem.

Offline etk300ex

• Club Member
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 07:06:13 AM »
nice, love the colors!
06 Frontier 4x4
03 Ram CCLB 4x4
84 Viking truck camper
92 Toyota Truggy gone
Mountain bikes, it's cheaper and smaller

Offline s0l0ithz

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 07:07:59 AM »
The bedline whole trucks is starting to be popular out west too. So your ahead of the slow fashion sense of the east coast.

TheMagiciansEye

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 08:11:00 AM »
The bedline whole trucks is starting to be popular out west too. So your ahead of the slow fashion sense of the east coast.

According to Monstaliner I'm the first customer to do a 3 colors design. I might be a trend setter for once in my life lol. I'm honestly very interested to see if others step up to the plate and try some cool designs too.

TheMagiciansEye

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2013, 05:20:44 PM »
Cleaned up really nice. BTW I would have has some nice pin striping from the trees if this was paint. Keep in mind this it's only been 15 days since I did my truck in this stuff.

I did have some damage to the Monstaliner finish on my front bumper but that was from using my bumper as a skid plate to push myself up onto a rock lol. Nothing that a repair kit won't fix right up. I've done this type of damage to the Dupli-Color bed armor that was on there. I don't expect any product to take that kind of abuse.

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=3283.msg28090